Catalina 10.15.4 legacy system extension (KEXTs)

vanroy

Hello, 

ESET Endpoint Security for macOS Version: 6.8.400.0 is ready for Catalina 10.15.4 legacy system extension (KEXTs)?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

MacOS Catalina (10.15) is fully supported by Endpoint 6.8.400.

Hi. But what about future version of macOS? Please give any info on this.

• Administrators

Future versions of MacOS should be supported by newer versions of ESET CyberSecurity as soon as they are officially released.

I too just upgraded from macOS Catalina 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 and received the following message:

Legacy System Extension

Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by "ESET, spol. s r.o." which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS. Contact the developer for support.

This occurred with ESET Cyber Security 6.8.300.0.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
12 hours ago, Felicity said:

I have ESET Cyber Security Pro 6.8.300.0 (And Catalina 10.15.4)

Do I need to update/upgrade?

You have the latest version of ESET CyberSecurity Pro which is compatible with Catalina Mac OS. A newer version should be available soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
41 minutes ago, Alchemizer said:

I'm now getting that same message with Catalina 10.15.5 update for ESET

Are you getting the message repeatedly? As far as I know, it should be displayed just once. The upcoming version of ESET Endpoint for Mac will not leverage legacy extensions any more.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, b4art said:

Does this mean it will not work for my Mac?

The latest version of ESET products is compatible with the latest released version of Mac OS.

• 5 weeks later...

I have Catalina 10.15.5 and ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.8.400.0, and just received same legacy warning.

Do I need to do anything?

• 5 weeks later...

A Mac user is still getting the same warning on Eset Endpoint AntiVirus v6.9.60.0

I assumed this would be fixed in the v6.9 product line, as you said it would be fixed in the next version after v6.8 (or do you mean the v7 product line?)

Equally, whilst I'm assuming that the warning is coming from Eset Endpoint, I guess there is an equal chance it is coming from the ESMC client (which is on v7.0.447.0).

Any info on what are the minimum versions of both Endpoint and ESMC client are required for use with the next version of MacOS would be much appreciated.

Edited by Mike

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

There will be another v6 with support of system extensions.

Thanks Marcos. WIll keep an eye out for that.

What about ESMC client v7.0.447.0 (eg the other half of my question)? Is that OK, or does that need a newer version for compatibility with next MacOS version too?

Might be worth an overview help page which has compatibility for all ESET products and lists the minimum versions that will work with next MacOS without problems. That way we can see at a glance the latest status, (eg currently wait for the next product version) and then when that product is released, it will state the exact version that is minimum required. Otherwise each time a new version comes out, we will be left asking the same question over and over again (in the forums and on phone to support etc), asking is this the version the one that works, or are we still waiting (eg like the change from v6.8 to v6.9).

Thanks

Mike

• Administrators

Since the ESMC agent doesn't leverage KEXTs, we don't expect any issues with it.

Supported versions of Mac OS can be found on the download page:

image.png

Big Sur is not listed yet since we don't support beta versions of Mac OS and a version compatible with it has not been released yet. It should be available when it goes final.