Current version of .apk install file 5.2.68?

Hello ESET community,

I use ESET mobile security and and seeing post referring to version 5.3.30, I am showing 5.2.68 as current and up to date (apk file).

I installed from the .apk file and wonder if it is still updated and supported? Or is the most current supported version the Google play version.

I just want to stay updated to the most recent version, for the best security. 

Thank you - ebill

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, ebill said:

Hello ESET community,

I use ESET mobile security and and seeing post referring to version 5.3.30, I am showing 5.2.68 as current and up to date (apk file).

I installed from the .apk file and wonder if it is still updated and supported? Or is the most current supported version the Google play version.

Thank you - ebill

If you get the APK from Google Play and have auto-update as enabled then you will have no troubles getting the latest versions , sometimes newer versions release in countries in a delayed way.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, ebill said:

Hello ESET community,

Thank you - ebill

Normally the play store is generally the recommended method to download stuff. There is also a beta on the play store which I'm using but don't know if the stable has hit 5.3 yet

Thank you to both Nightowl and peteyt -- I see the main eset website seems to steer toward the play store. I know there will be differences such as the call filter.

I think I will try the play store version and try it out. This way I won't accidentally lock out updates (I did that to myself once). 

BTW - I have only downloaded the .apk file from ESET's official web site. There are other versions and know they should be avoided.

Thanks again - ebill