Problem with new layout of Eset

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you mean this option?

image.png

Yea it might be it, but i cant find any "network" options can u tell me how do i get there?

Ok, em the problem was that for some reson after update it changed from internet security to antivurs and it seems that it isnt an option there , so i had to change it( didnt notice). Thank you anyway

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, CZOLG said:

Ok, em the problem was that for some reson after update it changed from internet security to antivurs and it seems that it isnt an option there , so i had to change it( didnt notice). Thank you anyway

Strange. Did you download the update manually from the website? You may have just downloaded nod32 accidentally

1 hour ago, Nightowl said:

It would change as per activating a nod32 AV license key.

True.

But what the OP stated was somehow after an in program Internet Security update, his Eset version was changed to NOD32. No mention is made of a licensing change. How something like this could happen is a complete mystery.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, itman said:

True.

But what the OP stated was somehow after an in program Internet Security update, his Eset version was changed to NOD32. No mention is made of a licensing change. How something like this could happen is a complete mystery.

Is it just one installer for all versions now or is there a separate version to download. Just wondering if he updated manually from the website but downloaded the nod32 installer

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

Just wondering if he updated manually from the website but downloaded the nod32 installer

There is no way to download an update per from the Eset web site. You download the full off-line installer for the respective Eset product you are using; EIS, ESS, or NOD32. You then install that product. If an existing like product is currently installed, the installer will retain all your existing product settings but replace the existing Eset version with the new version.

If the NOD32 off-line installer was downloaded and installed with EIS currently installed, I assume it would install a NOD32 version running along side of the EIS version. Or, it is possible the NOD32 installer would just uninstall EIS and then install NOD32. If this occurred, I assume all your EIS settings would be lost since there are settings not common to both products. The third possibility is the NOD32 installer would auto terminate after it detected that EIS was currently installed.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, itman said:

If the NOD32 off-line installer was downloaded and installed with EIS currently installed, I assume it would install a NOD32 version running along side of the EIS version.

That shouldn't happen without user's consent:

image.png