Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Synthfoster

Latest update BSOD.

Recommended Posts

I have win 10 2004 Insider built, may be this info will help in some way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gyan said:

I have win 10 2004 Insider built, may be this info will help in some way

It helps very much. Eset doesn't officially support Win 10 Insider builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI in regards to anyone using Win 10 Insider builds:

Quote

Our tipster points out that because of this, users on insider builds are only protected by Windows Defender and that they should be warned of this before jumping on the Insider program. While Microsoft is clear on the risks of an Insider build, one example is them saying “if you think ISO is a yoga move, the program may not be for you,” some seem to think that side effects such as Kaspersky and similar programs not supporting insider builds should be made more clear.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/kaspersky-declines-support-windows-insider-builds-windows-10

To the above, I add that just because Eset runs w/o issue on a Win 10 Insider build does not imply it is working properly. In other words, it is "user beware" in this regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/23/2020 at 6:53 PM, itman said:

FYI in regards to anyone using Win 10 Insider builds:

https://www.onmsft.com/news/kaspersky-declines-support-windows-insider-builds-windows-10

To the above, I add that just because Eset runs w/o issue on a Win 10 Insider build does not imply it is working properly. In other words, it is "user beware" in this regard.

You're right but ESET works perfect on my W10 insider until 21/03/2020, this day M$ gave W10 IP update "Windows 10 Insider Preview 19587.1000 (rs_prerelease)" and all was gone. Because ESET was updated too and has GSOD (Green Screen... with eamonm.sys)

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/it-looks-like-microsoft-broke-windows-defender-with-a-recent-update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 5:54 PM, SM03 said:

Hello, here is my memory dump, getting the same error code & BSOD since 13.1.16.0 released, already I have to format & clean install my windows 2 times for this issue, not anymore, am reverting to the old version for now. if any solution is available or any uodated Eset product module is available let me know, never faced any system related crashing or any other serious issue like BSOD with ESET for last 10yrs in my experience, this is the first time that eset giving me trouble.

 

can anyone pls help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SM03 said:

can anyone pls help me?

If you're using a Win 10 Preview build, the solution is to uninstall it and use the the latest released version of Win 10 which is 1909.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, itman said:

If you're using a Win 10 Preview build, the solution is to uninstall it and use the the latest released version of Win 10 which is 1909.

why? this latest v13.1.16 of EIS is compatible with WIn10 v2004, also, I've installed this EIS v13.1.16 in other Win10 systems running on 2004 & in most of them, there is no issue at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SM03 said:

why? this latest v13.1.16 of EIS is compatible with WIn10 v2004, also, I've installed this EIS v13.1.16 in other Win10 systems running on 2004 & in most of them, there is no issue at all. 

Read this above posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/22995-latest-update-bsod/?do=findComment&comment=111480

The last update to 2004 borked things.

Also as I posted previously but apparently you did not read, Eset doesn't officially support Win 10 Preview builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been said that the next v13.1 hotfix version will contain a fix. It's preliminary scheduled for April 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 10:05 PM, Marcos said:

It's been said that the next v13.1 hotfix version will contain a fix. It's preliminary scheduled for April 2020.

okay, thanks @Marcos for confirming, BTW, is there any workaround available as of now to use the EIS bypassing that error /BSOD? I am not able to use te a/v and my system is exposed to the risk. And any perticuler ETA about the next version? First half of April or second half? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new hotfix release 13.1.18 containing also a fix for this BSOD issue is going to be put on the pre-release update channel within 24 hours, followed with a release to the regular update channel within the next 24 hours if no issues are reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 8:03 PM, Marcos said:

A new hotfix release 13.1.18 containing also a fix for this BSOD issue is going to be put on the pre-release update channel within 24 hours, followed with a release to the regular update channel within the next 24 hours if no issues are reported.

is that released yet or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SM03 said:

is that released yet or not?

The release was postponed due to an older bug with Secure Data that was found during QA tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The release was postponed due to an older bug with Secure Data that was found during QA tests.

😞🙁😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone fix the problem? I have the same issue on 2 laptops and the only think what I can do is to start win10 at Save Mode. But in Safe Mode I can't uninstall eset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SM03 said:

yes, just installed & can confirm, the BSOD issue is fixed. 

How did you manage to install v13.1.21? On my machine normal boot leads to BSOD, while in failsafe mode it is not possible to uninstall or install EIS...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arder said:

How did you manage to install v13.1.21? On my machine normal boot leads to BSOD, while in failsafe mode it is not possible to uninstall or install EIS...

earlier version was giving me bsod in two of my system, one is having a 2nd gen intel i5 another one is having 3rd gen i5, I fully format those two system fully due to that & didn't install any eset & was waiting for new bugfix version, today I installed this new version normally, & didn't face any issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...