Nod32 Stopping Windows From Getting Past Welcome Screen

Alex132

I recently reinstalled my entire operating system, fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise Edition.

Everything was going smoothly, until I tried resarting after installing updates once I had installed Nod32 AV.

Upon boot, I would get to the Windows 7 "Welcome" screen, and it would hang there. No amount of time would let it boot into the desktop environment.

I booted into safemode, and disabled the ESET service. Now when I booted into normal mode, Windows would get past the "Welcome" screen and get into the desktop environment.

There obviously seems to be a clash with Windows 7 and ESET, but I do not want to move to another A/V.

Reading this: hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/eset-causes-desktop-to-not-load.343426/  leads me to believe I have to disable HIPS and uncheck self-defense.

Surely this cannot be the only solution? Is there no way to get Nod32 fully working on W7 64bit? Or did I mess up something somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

This might be due to a conflict with another security or utility program on the system, or perhaps even a device driver. Unfortunately, without knowing what sort of hardware and software is installed in your computer, it will be more difficult to troubleshoot.

What I would suggest is opening a ticket with your local ESET office. When you contact them to open a ticket, they will probably want to look at a couple things, such as an ESET SysInspector from your machine and a copy of your configuration, so if you make these and include them in your initial email, that will likely speed things up a bit.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky