all-in-one installer with policy can not activate

hi:

I try to create  endpoint antivirus all-in-one-installer which can activate automatically. after try and error, I found if I include endpoint policy or agent policy with the installer, then the installation can not activate. only installer without any policy can activate automatically.

is this a known issue or I miss something important?

• ESET Staff

Hello, we have verified this by our QA, and no such behavior was detected. What are the settings you set by policy? Maybe, that can be the root cause, but without more information, we won´t be able to provide further assistance. 

50 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Hello, we have verified this by our QA, and no such behavior was detected. What are the settings you set by policy? Maybe, that can be the root cause, but without more information, we won´t be able to provide further assistance. 

only client password for endpoint and agent. I didn't try other settings. maybe I will try other settings later to see if this is the root cause. if I apply client or agent or both then the installer can not be activated.

53 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

And if you apply policy with other settings than the password, does the problem still persist? 

I try other settings and it seems fine. could you try password settings both for client and agent to see if it is the root cause? it seems the root cause for my server.

• ESET Staff

Hello @tbsky, just to double check. Do you talk about the password to protect Endpoint from being uninstalled / from local users to access settings, or some other password (update one?).

Also, can you please state the

1. Version of your ESMC server / ESMC console and its platform (Linux / Windows)
  2. Version of the Endpoint that you are trying to install / activate 

6 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Hello @tbsky, just to double check. Do you talk about the password to protect Endpoint from being uninstalled / from local users to access settings, or some other password (update one?).

Also, can you please state the

1. Version of your ESMC server / ESMC console and its platform (Linux / Windows)
  2. Version of the Endpoint that you are trying to install / activate 

yes the policy is about protect Endpoint/Agent from being uninstalled. 

1. ESMC 7.1 at RHEL 7.7

2. I tried several 7.x version(endpoint antivirus)  but none can be activated if I apply endpoint or agent policy.

• ESET Staff

Thanks for the information. I will report this to my colleagues. 

What you can use as a workaround is to apply a policy to a reference static group (group all) or the group, where the machine would report after being connected first time to ESMC server. Policy will be applied after first replication, so basically the same result will be achieved. 

4 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Thanks for the information. I will report this to my colleagues. 

What you can use as a workaround is to apply a policy to a reference static group (group all) or the group, where the machine would report after being connected first time to ESMC server. Policy will be applied after first replication, so basically the same result will be achieved. 

the all-in-one installer with policy is for staffs who can not connect ESMC server temporary (out of office). but as you said, the policy  is not very important. the policy will be applied when they connect ESMC server.the automatic activation is important since they can not connect ESMC at the beginning. so the current situation is acceptable.

Edited by tbsky