all-in-one installer product list missing

Hi:

I  just install a new ESMC 7.1 server and create all-in-one installer  to deploy. after testing, I found it didn't activate automatically. so I think maybe something wrong. I delete the installer and create a new one. then I am surprised that I can't find the product (endpoint antivirus) any more. only some products I don't need show at the list ( as attached). how can I refresh the product list so I can find the product I need?

save.png

• ESET Staff

We have been recently notified of similar issue in case of latest MySQL8 ODBC driver or MySQL8 was used. Could you clarify whether this might be the reason?

23 minutes ago, MartinK said:

We have been recently notified of similar issue in case of latest MySQL8 ODBC driver or MySQL8 was used. Could you clarify whether this might be the reason?

I am using MySQL 5.7  with mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.19-1 under  rhel 7.7. is there any work-around  of the issue. I had setup several esmc server, but this is the first time I delete and recreate the all-in-one installer.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

according to your hint. I do some tests below:

1. downgrade mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.19 to mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.18 and reboot  => useless, no correct product list.

2. downgrade MySQL 5.7.29 to  MySQL 5.7.28 and reboot => bingo! the product list shows up again!!

3. upgrade to mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.19 and MySQL 5.7.29 and reboot => sadly, the product list still shows, can not reproduce.

4.  create all-in-one installer and delete it => sadly, the product list still shows, can not reproduce.

so the problem seems related to MySQL, since I downgrade it and reboot then it is fixed.

but I can not reproduce it now. hope you can find the root cause and fix it.

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, tbsky said:

according to your hint. I do some tests below:

1. downgrade mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.19 to mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.18 and reboot  => useless, no correct product list.

2. downgrade MySQL 5.7.29 to  MySQL 5.7.28 and reboot => bingo! the product list shows up again!!

3. upgrade to mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.19 and MySQL 5.7.29 and reboot => sadly, the product list still shows, can not reproduce.

4.  create all-in-one installer and delete it => sadly, the product list still shows, can not reproduce.

so the problem seems related to MySQL, since I downgrade it and reboot then it is fixed.

but I can not reproduce it now. hope you can find the root cause and fix it.

If I recall correctly, problem will most probably arise once content of ESET repository is updated. Regardless of that, it seems there is a problem / incompatibility with latest drives and we will have to analyze whether there is at least workaround, which is not known for now. That is why recommended solution for now is to downgrade to older ODBC drivers that seems to work. Also documentation is supposed to be updated in upcoming days as it was prepared some time ago.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

If I recall correctly, problem will most probably arise once content of ESET repository is updated. Regardless of that, it seems there is a problem / incompatibility with latest drives and we will have to analyze whether there is at least workaround, which is not known for now. That is why recommended solution for now is to downgrade to older ODBC drivers that seems to work. Also documentation is supposed to be updated in upcoming days as it was prepared some time ago.

but downgrade odbc driver didn't work for me. downgrade MySQL works.  although I can not reproduce it. waiting for documentations about this issue. thanks a lot for your help!

• ESET Staff
40 minutes ago, tbsky said:

but downgrade odbc driver didn't work for me. downgrade MySQL works.  although I can not reproduce it. waiting for documentations about this issue. thanks a lot for your help!

My best guess is there is a new (braking) functionality added into MySQL which is triggered in case both DB and driver to support it. In case of users with MySQL8 server, reverting ODBC driver helped. We will have to re-check users with older MySQL servers but it will probably end up in a state where only specific combinations that are confirmed to work will be listed as supported.

11 hours ago, MartinK said:

My best guess is there is a new (braking) functionality added into MySQL which is triggered in case both DB and driver to support it. In case of users with MySQL8 server, reverting ODBC driver helped. We will have to re-check users with older MySQL servers but it will probably end up in a state where only specific combinations that are confirmed to work will be listed as supported.

today the product list is missing again. according to your hint, I think maybe something changed at the server, so ESMC is effected.

1. downgrade mysql 5.7.29 to 5.28 => useless

2. downgrade mysql-connector-odbc 8.0.19 to 8.0.18  => useless, this makes me sad

3. upgrade all mysql component  => useless

4. downgrade all mysql component => useless, this makes me panic

5. upgrade all mysql component, downgrade mysql-connector-odbc => useless

6. upgrade all, downgrade all, then upgrade mysql-connector-odbc  => product list shows up again!!

somthing happened  at the upgrade/downgrade procedure. if that  "something" didn't happen, then old mysql + old odbc won't cure it.

now I downgrade to Mysql 5.7.28 + mysql-connector-odbc  8.0.18. my other ESMC servers are using these versions and the product list seems always fine.