"Service Unavailable please come back later"

SweX

Hi all.

During the last 4-5 days I have started to get "Service Unavailable please come back later"  messages here at the forum at least 1 time everytime I am logged in when I am trying to post in a thread, send a PM, or just browsing around on the forum.

Like when I click the post/send button and then it goes 15-20 sec and then the "Service Unavailable" message is displayed.

I have figured out when it happens after I have tried to send a PM or post in a thread, the PM message will still be sent away despite the message, and the post will still be published in the thread despite the message. 

Thank you, SweX  :huh:

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

I had this problem about 2 days ago when posting from my home computer took longer (didn't get any error though) but never since then.

I see, thanks for mentioning it and good to know it's not just me.

I've actually had this problem before a couple months ago during a few days, but then just like that the forum started to work like normal.

And now it have started again for some reason.  :unsure:

Edited by SweX

Swex, does it happen more prevalently when using quotes ? Or does it even matter ?

Hi Arakasi.

No it doesn't matter. It can happen at anytime, posting in threads, sending PM's, or just browsing around the forum.

Edited by SweX

Just happened again.  :(

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

-------------------

When it happend this time I was trying to report a post to get a url un-linked, but as you can see it never worked.

Edit:...Ok it seems like it worked anyway, because 2 Min later when I was in my PM feed I saw the little message appear that we usually see when it works as it should "report as been sent".  :blink:

Edited by SweX

• 2 weeks later...

Since it happened again earlier today I thought I'll post again so you know it's still happening every now and then.  :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW I haven't got a single "service unavailable" error message since my last post in this thread, so maybe it have been fixed whatever it was that caused it. If it starts again I will let you know. :)

Edited by SweX

Oh no I shouldn't have said that all was OK again.  ^_^

I just "tried" to report this thread to get it moved to the ESS forum section https://forum.eset.com/topic/2397-eset-licence-upgrade/ 

And after around 20-30sec of the page loading/sending the report I got the "service unavailable" error message again. Instead of the normal "report have been sent" message.  :(

• 5 weeks later...

FWIW, no wrong steps by the forum since my post above so hopefully it will just continue to work normal like it is now.  B)

• 1 month later...

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Here we go again, I saw this message when I tried to access the forum just 5min ago. And I have noticed the loading time when browsing the forum, opening threads etc...have every once in a while been a little longer the past few days.

Edited by SweX

Haha yeah I bet :D  I hope its back to normal soon.

Edited by SweX

Hmmm it works "normal" for me today, I haven't seen the message since the 6th, 7th July.  :mellow:

Hopefully it'll go back to normal for you ASAP.  :)

Edited by SweX

• 8 months later...

This thread was started April 17 last year, and it's soon April 17 again, so I guess that's why this have started happening occasionally now again. Obviously it isn't, but I can't help but to think like that.

This error have shown up 3-4 times during the last couple of days, I even lost a post because of it. (yes I didn't follow my good habit and copied the whole post that time hmmm  <_< ).

Edited by SweX

• 8 months later...

This error is once again showing up quite frequently, e.g when trying to post in threads, start new threads or sending a PM.

And I believe others are affected as well...as some members are creating identical threads with a few minutes in between, one think that the thread does not get published on the forum when you see the error, so you try to create the thread again and again, but that is not needed since it does indeed get published despite the error showing up in the browser. The 5 most recent threads are identical except for the one including a screenshot.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6967-era-62-installation-issue-with-mysql/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6968-era-62-installation-issue-with-mysql/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6969-era-62-installation-issue-with-mysql/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6970-era-62-installation-issue-with-mysql/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6971-era-62-installation-issue-with-mysql/

Edit: this post was published within 2 seconds after clicking the button, so no timeout this time.

Edited by SweX

Hmmm tried to post in a thread and the "3 white dots" was showing at the top for 15-20 seconds, and it said "saving post....".....But then nothing happened, no timeout error or anything. So I pressed F5, and when the page had reloaded my post was published in the thread.

edit: and of course, this post was published in 1 sec after clicking the "post" button, no waiting (loading) time at all -_-

Edited by SweX

Yes I too have seen the forum "thinking" with the dots at the top. The duplication caused by the delay is also affecting PMs. I have noticed the duplicate postings of some individuals.

Maybe the system is on "holiday" for the holidays?

Edited by TomFace

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned to TomFace, I have never seen that.

Does it have anything to do with download speed? Mine really is not that fast.

Just curious.

post-865-0-57802000-1453151186_thumb.jpg

Just curious.

No, I don't think so. But the forum as been acting normal for the past few weeks for me anyway. Not fast enough ? Okay, then I'll take your 60/6 connection and you can take my 8/1 connection and see if you like it any better :D

Just curious.

No, I don't think so. But the forum as been acting normal for the past few weeks for me anyway. Not fast enough ? Okay, then I'll take your 60/6 connection and you can take my 8/1 connection and see if you like it any better :D

Before Sept. 8 my speed was 7.2/1.4

I switched to Cable Internet and the price was less than the above.