Issues, Ideas & Feedback for ESET Cyber Security & ESET Cyber Security Pro

• ESET Moderators
On 11/9/2021 at 2:47 PM, m4v3r1ck said:

Hi all, @Marcos @Peter Randziak

Is there any ETA known for updating ESET CyberSecurity Pro for macOS to a new GUI and adding feature update/add-on requests? I have Licenses to update, so in need for a more up-to-date release like the GUI for ESET Smart Security Premium for starters. 

Any information known is appreciated.

Cheers

The business product for macOS v.7 is in Early access program now, but I do not have an info when the product for home users should be released / made available for testing.

It has completely new architecture so the development takes time...

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 11/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, Peter Randziak said:

The business product for macOS v.7 is in Early access program now, but I do not have an info when the product for home users should be released / made available for testing.

It has completely new architecture so the development takes time...

Peter

Thank you Peter for your reply, apologies for my very late response. I’ll keep an eye on the Development ESET Business macOS V7 for beta testers.

Greetings

m4v3r1ck

• 11 months later...

I wanted to request you to submit ESET Cyber Security Pro for testing in AV-Test and AV-Comparatives.

For our needs, we always use these results to compare how well vendors perform compared to others and make a decision based on that, unfortunately, you haven't submitted for the latest tests.
We would need those results, I asked them and both organizations told me you had to participate manually in the tests, they're open and waiting for you to contact them.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, SaurikSI said:

I wanted to request you to submit ESET Cyber Security Pro for testing in AV-Test and AV-Comparatives.

For our needs, we always use these results to compare how well vendors perform compared to others and make a decision based on that, unfortunately, you haven't submitted for the latest tests.
We would need those results, I asked them and both organizations told me you had to participate manually in the tests, they're open and waiting for you to contact them.

Since participation in tests is not free, quite the contrary, it's usually quite expensive, AV vendors choose which tests they will participate in. Participation in tests is carefully chosen by the ESET staff responsible for these matters, it's not subject to disputing here.

Just now, Marcos said:

Since participation in tests is not free, quite the contrary, it's usually quite expensive, AV vendors choose which tests they will participate in. Participation in tests is carefully chosen by the ESET staff responsible for these matters, it's not subject to disputing here.

Well, considering there isn't a single Mac test both in Av-Comparatives and AV-Test since YEARS, it's troubling to not have any way of checking how well the Mac version protects our machines...

Anyways, another suggestion I would make is to implement ransomware protection for Mac, like Bitdefender's Safe Files. You choose folders to protect, and if an app wants to write there, you get a warning and allow/deny.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Dan Burner said:

Please add a dark mode option for ESET Cyber Security Pro. The PC version looks great. MacOS not so much.
image.thumb.png.b3a6f439a7b75ad2be3ecf4ec81c4587.png

It will be supported as of v7:

ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS version 7 in dark mode

• 8 months later...

Is there a test site to check to make sure the Phishing protection is working in ESET software on macOS?

Want to see if the latest v7 of ESET Cyber Security has fixed the network protection bug I was seeing.