Endpoint Linux v7

Nightowl

• Most Valued Members

08/03/20 11:45:36                    Real-time protection service         Syscall init_module returns error: Operation not permitted                                    root              
08/03/20 11:45:36                    Real-time protection service         Initialization of system handler for on-access scan has failed. Please update your OS and ... root              
08/03/20 11:51:01                    Updating service                     Unauthorized access.                                                                          eset-eea-updated  
08/03/20 11:55:41                    Logging service                      Connection to 5973 was unexpectedly closed: Agent not authorized                              eset-eea-logd     
08/03/20 12:00:31                    Configuration service                Cannot write to socket: Broken pipe                                                           eset-eea-confd    
08/03/20 12:00:31                    Configuration service                Cannot write to socket: Broken pipe                                                           eset-eea-confd    
08/03/20 12:01:16                    Licensing service                    Cannot receive data from server: Network is unreachable                                       eset-eea-licensed
08/03/20 12:01:16                    Licensing service                    Cannot receive data from server: Network is unreachable                                       eset-eea-licensed
08/03/20 12:01:16                    Real-time protection service         Syscall init_module returns error: Operation not permitted                                    root              
08/03/20 12:01:16                    Real-time protection service         Initialization of system handler for on-access scan has failed. Please update your OS and ... root              
08/03/20 12:01:16                    Updating service                     Product is not activated.                                                                     eset-eea-updated  
08/03/20 12:01:34                    Updating service                     Unauthorized access.                                                                          eset-eea-updated  

I have removed it for now , same as v4 because it stopped my Chromioum from working but different way not like other people , I keep getting in Chromium , waiting for socket.

The modules had up-to-date versions , so I don't really know what is the cause of all of this and I believe the protection wasn't working because it didn't detect the EICAR.

And If I am not mistaken the " You have a system error " message has disappeared also from Ubuntu. - UPDATE : no it's not related to ESET..

System is :

Release 18.04.4 LTS (Bionic Beaver) 64-bit

Kernel Linux 5.3.0-40-generic x86_64

I have activated the product twice , and when I activate it I get that the product has been activated successfuly , and I can update after that , but I look at the logs it shows like this , I tried the EICAR , it passed fine , so it seems that nothing is running.

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators

Since a colleague with expertise in Linux may not chime in any time soon because of the corona virus pandemic,  I would strongly recommend opening a support ticket.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Since a colleague with expertise in Linux may not chime in any time soon because of the corona virus pandemic,  I would strongly recommend opening a support ticket.

I understand , I will try with local support.

Thank you and hope all will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...