Dear ESET,

For the next version please make the setting in simple, I got the problem to setting the Startup Scanning as there are too many option... I suggest to make it simple for example with only 3 options for Setting the Startup Scanning as:

LOWER, NORMAL & AGGRESSIVE

without any option the user choosing it.

This is to avoid any misleading in the setting, as known now there to many option to setting the startup scanning in scheduler and made me confusing, for i.e to avoid the Startup scanning take longer I have choose when Idle and After User Logon (left me question about this option, whether the startup files didn't scanning or scanning).

Please advise me if there are wrong in my suggestion.

Thanks

Edited by HANDJOJO

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

Dear ESET,

For the next version please make the setting in simple, I got the problem to setting the Startup Scanning as there are too many option... I suggest to make it simple for example with only 3 options for Setting the Startup Scanning as:

LOWER, NORMAL & AGGRESSIVE

without any option the user choosing it.

This is to avoid any misleading in the setting, as known now there to many option to setting the startup scanning in scheduler and made me confusing, for i.e to avoid the Startup scanning take longer I have choose when Idle and After User Logon (left me question about this option, whether the startup files didn't scanning or scanning).

Please advise me if there are wrong in my suggestion.

Thanks

Are you using SSD?

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

Nope I'm not using SSD, but using the harddisk.

Argh this is why you can notice that the startup scan can slow your PC while all other programs are trying to start along the startup.

Switch to SSD when you can , you won't regret it this I am sure :)

Edited by Nightowl

On 3/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, Nightowl said:

Argh this is why you can notice that the startup scan can slow your PC while all other programs are trying to start along the startup.

Switch to SSD when you can , you won't regret it this I am sure :)

And change also the processor to i7 10th gen...😅

• Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, HANDJOJO said:

And change also the processor to i7 10th gen...😅

You mean AMD Ryzen? ;)

On 3/9/2020 at 12:11 AM, Nightowl said:

Switch to SSD when you can , you won't regret it this I am sure

Maybe, good advise if you have money trees growing in your back yard.

Why dish out money to keep in line with Eset? 

I know SSD are cheaper now, for people that can afford them.

Why not have the option of Startup Scanning as:

LOWER, NORMAL & AGGRESSIVE ?  Very good suggestion. 

12 minutes ago, SRT said:

LOWER, NORMAL & AGGRESSIVE ?  Very good suggestion. 

My EIS version just upgraded to version 13.1.16.0. These options now exist in Real-time setting. Additionally, the default manual Smart Scan option will also by default, use the these real-time scan options.

6 hours ago, itman said:

My EIS version just upgraded to version 13.1.16.0. These options now exist in Real-time setting. Additionally, the default manual Smart Scan option will also by default, use the these real-time scan options.

So do you mean there are an update concerning for The Startup Scanning setting to make it simple way for general users? if yes very grateful. 

The version 13.1.16.0 not yet come in my region.

10 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

So do you mean there are an update concerning for The Startup Scanning setting to make it simple way for general users? if yes very grateful. 

As far as Eset start up scans, Eset will have to reply if the real-time settings also apply to them.

Per Eset GUI setting options, only the selected on-demand scan profile can be configure either stand-alone or by defaulting to the real-time settings:

Eset_Scan.thumb.png.30fab490a0b5095edeacdca478fdbaa5.png

13 hours ago, itman said:

As far as Eset start up scans, Eset will have to reply if the real-time settings also apply to them.

Per Eset GUI setting options, only the selected on-demand scan profile can be configure either stand-alone or by defaulting to the real-time settings:

Eset_Scan.thumb.png.30fab490a0b5095edeacdca478fdbaa5.png

Thanks for your information, by the way above information for the new version of EIS is it 13.1.16 as this version not yer arrived in my region, however those setting for the Malware Scans, but for the Startup Scanning  under Scheduler menu, its more complex for common user there are a potential the user can make miss in setting and confusing for i.e if select the setting the Startup Scanning will be run When Idle then chose After User Logon (the left question is it the Startup file before user Logon didn't scanned?).

I hope from ESET can explain how to optimize the Startup Scanning without impact the system perfomance.

Best regards,