What does managed mean?

Hi,

We've just taken over our ESET business account and I see a column in the active devices section that is title "Managed" and some devices say Yes and some say No. What does this mean? how is this altered?

Dan

On 3/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, Marcos said:

Managed means that the ESMC agent is installed on the machine and it's managed by ESMC.

Hi Marcos,
I'm pretty sure I've used the ECA live installers for all my endpoints and servers. Some displays "No" for "Managed". I've looked in "Services", the "ESET Management Agent" is there and running for these noers. All OS are up to date.

I've done the same install again on one endpoint, the install shows (again) the "ESET Management Agent" is included in the installation. Rebooted, still not managed in EBA.

What's going on?

Christian

• ESET Staff

Maybe you have identified a bug in the implementation. What I would recommend is to perform "reactivation" using the product activation task from the ECA console. After task being performed, can you double-check the machine? What I am thinking of, is that the "managed" is written there in case when the computer has been activated by agent, which is not the case in case when the installer has been generated from the console, but only on case when it was performed via task.

Please note, that this is just my assumption. You can run the task on all of your clients, then we will know for sure (all should be marked as "managed".

Thank you,

Michal 

5 hours ago, MichalJ said:

What I would recommend is to perform "reactivation" using the product activation task from the ECA console.

Hi @MichalJ,
I can't find the task your mentioning (see attachment). If I select "Product Activation" as "Task type", the list is empty.

Please advice! Thank you for your patience.

Christian

ESET - ECA - Tasks Executions on Target(s).png

• ESET Staff

In this case it means that you have actually never created any such task: just create new one and select appropriate license from list. Once done, you can follow recommended steps for reactivation.

21 hours ago, MartinK said:

In this case it means that you have actually never created any such task: just create new one and select appropriate license from list.

@MartinK & @MichalJ,

All managed now.

Thank you very much!

Christian