Firewall strangely works

mk77

Hi, I have installed eset endpoint security 7.1.2053 on windows 10. I set up firewall in interactive mode. After that eset don't display any message about incoming/outgoing traffic.  Why ?

• Administrators

Most likely you have already created a rule for communication that has occurred in case you selected to create a rule.

i don't create any rule in eset, this is a new installation of eset and windows.

For example, google chrome don't display web pages. Alos dosen't work ping to 8.8.8.8. After turn off firewall everything works.

8 minutes ago, mk77 said:

i don't create any rule in eset, this is a new installation of eset and windows.

Via Windows Security Center, verify that the Win Firewall is turned off:

Eset_Firewall.thumb.png.ff04d4df95e64e9a7c5d13c53d073157.png

i have installed Eset 7.2 and problem is the same. All network traffic is blocked in interactive mode.When eset firewall is turn off the network starts working

23 minutes ago, mk77 said:

microsoft kb 453867 caused a problem

I have this update installed.

Switched to Eset firewall Interactive mode and got Eset firewall alerts up the wazoo ..............

12 hours ago, mk77 said:

All network traffic is blocked in interactive mode.When eset firewall is turn off the network starts working

Well, that is exactly what Interactive mode is supposed to do. The default mode for the Eset firewall is to allow all outbound network traffic. If Interactive mode is deployed, you will have to respond to each Eset alert and have the firewall create an allow or block rule for this specific activity.

-EDIT- If you are are not received any alerts and Internet connections are silently being blocked, you might have inadvertently switched the Eset firewall to "Policy" mode. In this mode, the firewall does exactly the above; silently block any connection for which no firewall currently exists for the network traffic. Policy mode is frequently deployed after the firewall has been set to "Learning" mode for a specified period on time. In Learning mode, Eset will create an allow firewall rule for any network connection. Policy mode is frequently used in commercial installations where the security admin only allows network connectivity from prior approved and installed applications.

Edited by itman