Synology Surveillance Station Feeds Being Blocked

evacc44

Edit: I have narrowed it down to the "HTTP Scanner Setup" section. If I turn off "Enable HTTP protocol checking" the live feeds work without issue.

How can I exclude this traffic without turning off this feature entirely?

Hello. We are starting to upgrade our clients from their old security systems to Synology Surveillance Station. Basically there is software that is installed on computers that have to view the camera feeds. Eset is blocking the live feeds. Recorded feeds are fine; just the live feeds are being blocked. I disabled eset protection, but the live feeds are still blocked. When I uninstall eset entirely the live feeds work again.

I have two options for encoding for the camera streams. H.264 and H.265. H.264 works fine, but H.265 is blocked by eset.

Has anyone ever seen this? I have tried adding exclusions for the surveillance station software process, but no luck.

Edited by evacc44

• Administrators

Is it http or https communication that is blocked?

Have you tried adding the IP address of the SSS to the list of addresses excluded from content filtering?

image.png

Please provide logs created as follows:
- stop the application that communicates with SSS
- enable advanced network protection logging and advanced protocol filtering logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup
- start the application and reproduce the issue
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector
- stop the application that communicates with SSS
- temporarily disable protocol filtering
- enable advanced network protection logging
- start the application; the issue should not occur as you wrote
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector
- provide the 2 sets of ELC logs for perusal.

• 1 month later...

Omg! i've been having this issue as well, my computer with nod32 doesn't show h265 or 265+ streams in live view, play back is ok.! hoping for a fix. atleast i know where the problem lies now

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, rayofsi said:

Omg! i've been having this issue as well, my computer with nod32 doesn't show h265 or 265+ streams in live view, play back is ok.! hoping for a fix. atleast i know where the problem lies now

Please do not hijack someone else's topics and create a new one if you want to report an issue. Also provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue as well as ELC logs and tell us what module or setting must be disabled in order for the issue to not occur.