Eset web portal rejecting logins, won’t reset password

Traveler

Can’t log in to the Eset customer portal (login.eset.com). Portal’s not recognizing my password. Tried resetting the password (even though it hasn’t changed), but you’re not sending it. Should have received about a dozen password emails from you but your web portal appears to be dead. No issue with any spam filters, I own the domain.

Tried the “Contact” URL at the bottom of the password reset web page. That gets me this certificate error from Chrome:

“Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from backend-androidappwatch.eset.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”

Firefox reports the same certificate error:

“Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to backend-androidappwatch.eset.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

https://backend-androidappwatch.eset.com/about/contact/?utm_source=parentalcontrol.eset.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=parentalcontrol.eset.com_referral

Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server’s certificate.

HTTP Strict Transport Security: false

HTTP Public Key Pinning: false”

I’m paying for support. Your customer support web portal is broken. Your contact web page may have been compromised and is also broken. Your support team is unreachable. Has the Eset web server on which we’re getting login and security certificate errors, that also contain our credit card and personal details, been compromised?

Give me access to my account records and provide the support I’m paying you for.

• Administrators

Please explain how you made it to backend-androidappwatch.eset.com. If you open my.eset.com, you shouldn't be redirected there. The subdomain seems to be only for internal use and contains some articles related to mobile security, ie. seems to be completely unrelated to the portal my.eset.com.

It appears that parentalcontrol.eset.com is the referral, however, no matter what I try I can't get there from the Parental Control portal.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, Marcos said:

Please explain how you made it to backend-androidappwatch.eset.com. If you open my.eset.com, you shouldn't be redirected there. The subdomain seems to be only for internal use and contains some articles related to mobile security, ie. seems to be completely unrelated to the portal my.eset.com.

It appears that parentalcontrol.eset.com is the referral, however, no matter what I try I can't get there from the Parental Control portal.

Already explained it clearly and copied the error messages generated by your web server. Read my message again.

• Administrators

You wrote: "Tried the “Contact” URL at the bottom of the password reset web page." However, it is not clear what "password reset" page you mean, there's nothing like that. There's no web page allowing password reset. If a user forgot the password for the AT portal, there's a form to enter the email address to which a password reset link will be sent:

image.png

Please provide the url that you opened ideally with a screen shot of the page.

As a test, connected to login.eset.com and requested  a password reset. After 15 mins., still no reply e-mail from Eset. I also checked spam folders for a reply - zip, nada, nothing.

-EDIT- It's been 2 hours and still no e-mail from Eset in regards to password reset.

Edited by itman

• ESET Staff
14 hours ago, Traveler said:

Already explained it clearly and copied the error messages generated by your web server. Read my message again.

pm sent

• ESET Staff
12 hours ago, itman said:

As a test, connected to login.eset.com and requested  a password reset. After 15 mins., still no reply e-mail from Eset. I also checked spam folders for a reply - zip, nada, nothing.

-EDIT- It's been 2 hours and still no e-mail from Eset in regards to password reset.

pm me your email registered withinn my.eset.com