anti virus?

Mrzocor

Ran an in depth scan after having nod32 for a year and a half. Found 22 infiltrations. Every time I run it it finds something. Why? I have reformatted twice as well.

Hey Mrzocor

It is definitely not for me to solve ,but I have an idea or a supplement to your post. In the meantime while you're waiting for Eset support, you can do this, How do I create a Computer scan log and submit it to ESET Customer Care for analysis? (6.x) mainly because , I can imagine, that they will like to know, what kind of threats that have inflitrated your pc.

Cheers, Janus

Ran an in depth scan after having nod32 for a year and a half. Found 22 infiltrations. Every time I run it it finds something. Why? I have reformatted twice as well.

If you are formatting your system due to finding the infections, that may be a bit extreme in my opinion.  As for why there are entries found...there is no antivirus that can find 100% of infections 100% of the time.  Every day there are many, many different variants of infections that are being made and until that new variant is reported and added to the software for detection, a virus can get in.  Every antivirus does the best that it can with the information that it has on hand.  

• Administrators

Please post more information from the on-demand scanner log with the full path to the files as well as the detection names.

I realize no antivirus can stop everything, but NOD32 stops very little if you ask me!

What about writing what threats Eset has found, as Janus and Macos suggest, so we can become a little wiser!

• Administrators

What about writing what threats Eset has found, as Janus and Macos suggest, so we can become a little wiser!

I second that. According to my personal observation of the data we work with, ESET is very often the only AV solution from among the well known AVs to protect against newly emerging threats and threat variants.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize no antivirus can stop everything, but NOD32 stops very little if you ask me!

Hard to believe what you say. I have little experience with NOD32 but I feel that with NOD 32, I have a friend riding along with me.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Nod 32 for over 5 years, 3 years on w7 64 no infections at all.   Ocasionally i use malware malebytes to scan the computer.  I know many people having a lot of infections, when they download password protected zip files.  Nod is an awesome product