Possible scanning issue after installing a new audio card.

Hello.

I have been a satisfied, long time user of ESET software.

As stated in the topic title, I replaced my on-board audio card with a dedicated one.  Since then (about 2 months) there seems to be an initial scanning that is taking place on the first incidence that requires the use of audio resources after the boot sequence is complete.  This seems very similar to the scanning that takes place on the USB port that I use to connect my blood glucose meter.  For that, I was able to exclude the particular port in the Advanced setup > ThreatSense exceptions list.

The only thing I can add is that I replaced my unused wireless modem located on the PCI-E x1 slot with the Sound Blaster Z card.  There have been no incidents indicating a faulty installation.

If anyone knows what I need to add to the exclude list please advise as I can locate nothing that relates to this. 
This is not a critical situation but seems strange that I would have to wait for a stall for up to 30 seconds just to access audio resources.

I do not even know for sure that ESET SS is causing this.  It seems to be reacting in a similar manner to the USB scan previously mentioned.

Thanks for any help in advance and have a good week.

Rob

• Administrators

If you are not sure if the issue is caused by ESET, you can try disabling each of the protection modules, one at a time, to narrow it down or simply uninstall ESET for a while and see if the issue still persists or not.