Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonglihuang

Use GPO or ESET remote administor to enable firewall rule(windows remote management)

Hello,

How I enable the firewall rule for example windows remote management to clients using ESET security management. Another question  I had better Use GPO or ESET security management  to achieve it?

To alter ESET's configuration you must use ESET Security Management Center or a 3-rd party RMM solution, not GPO.

I mean to enable the  "windows remote management " inbound firewall rule, Can't use GPO do achieve it ?

HJMRvt4.png

4 minutes ago, wonglihuang said:

I mean to enable the  "windows remote management " inbound firewall rule, Can't use GPO do achieve it ?

HJMRvt4.png

Depending if your Endpoints use ESET Firewall or Windows Firewall

But to configure either of them you need to access the control of it  , For Windows Firewall you need to configure through the Group Policy and for ESET you need to use the ESMC

37 minutes ago, Rami said:

Depending if your Endpoints use ESET Firewall or Windows Firewall

But to configure either of them you need to access the control of it  , For Windows Firewall you need to configure through the Group Policy and for ESET you need to use the ESMC

How I know I use ESET firewall or windows firewall.

I use endpoint security 7.0. My own PC firewall setting is like the following picture

aa.jpg

With endpoint security , ESET firewall should be running , but I don't know that might be different in your setup over there , I am sorry but I can't understand the screenshot as it's all in Chinese