Banking & Payment protection stopped working

Hello! 

ESET Internet Security 13.0.24.0
Win 7
Firefox 7.3 (x64)

Today the Security Tools => Banking & Payment protection stopped working. 
I only get an empty window and when typing in my bankadress nothing opens.
I've added the adresses in Security Tools => 
Banking & Payment protection => 
Protected websites and selected => 
Secured websites
I tested the other options like "Ask me" and "Normal browser" but no go. 
Any advise on this please...
I used to work like a charm. 

Thanks and best regards, 
elle

13 minutes ago, elle said:

I seriously hope Win 7 isn't abandoned by ESET...?

There have been issues with FF 73 posted at wilderssecurity.com for example, noting that users who have employed OS patches from the 0patch product are have major problems with FF 73.

Edited by itman

I was able to recreate the issue on Windows 7 and FF 73 64bit. I have found that you can install FF 73 32bit on top of FF 73 64bit and get BPP to work again till the issue is fixed on FF 64bit.

15 hours ago, itman said:

There have been issues with FF 73 posted at wilderssecurity.com for example, noting that users who have employed OS patches from the 0patch product are have major problems with FF 73.

OK! 

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/new-firefox-browser-version-released.361562/page-107

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/73.0/releasenotes/

Thanks...

13 hours ago, MarkSD said:

I was able to recreate the issue on Windows 7 and FF 73 64bit. I have found that you can install FF 73 32bit on top of FF 73 64bit and get BPP to work again till the issue is fixed on FF 64bit.

Don't wanna install on top, I'll just wait and see what Mozilla does...

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I am having the same problem.  No help from Eset!!  It just happens with Mozilla, Explorer works ok.

Please contact your ESET distributor and open a support ticket. It is likely that we will have a solution soon since there's already a ticket from another user and the issue is being investigated.

I'm having the same problem as well.  Everything has worked perfectly until today when the secured banking browser wouldn't open.  FF 73.0, Windows 7 64 bit. 

Same with Firefox 73.0 and ESET Internet security 13.0.24.0

Downgraded Firefox to 72.0.2 64b

Firefox detects downgrade and forces creation on a new profile, (loosing all my bookmarks)

Restored from backup

C:\Users\UsersName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\

C:\Users\UsersName\AppData\Local\Mozilla

Which mostly fixed the normal version of Firefox but not the profile for ESET Banking protection. Where is that stored?

13 hours ago, Patch said:

Same with Firefox 73.0 and ESET Internet security 13.0.24.0

Downgraded Firefox to 72.0.2 64b

Firefox detects downgrade and forces creation on a new profile, (loosing all my bookmarks)

Restored from backup

C:\Users\UsersName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\

C:\Users\UsersName\AppData\Local\Mozilla

Which mostly fixed the normal version of Firefox but not the profile for ESET Banking protection. Where is that stored?

I restored mine by  using the about:profiles and then selecting my older profile  that was in use prior to downgrading , and then reverting to 73 again, 

• Administrators

Not sure what the problem could be, it works for me. Would it be possible to create a virtual machine with the issue reproduced and provide us with the virtual disk file?

image.png

Most issues with FireFox posted to date in regards to Eset have traced backed to a corrupted FireFox profile. And some were "real doozie's" to diagnose.

Just hit this problem in Australia 17/02/2020.

Running Windows 7 Professional, Firefox 73.0 (64bit), ESET Internet security 13.0.24.0

Secure browser shows "cannot be started.... Associated error 0x847695d7"

I tried an ESET KB fix for this - basically to permanently disable secure Banking then restart then and reset secure banking to ON.

Did not help the problem at all.

My guess is this is a Windows 7 / firefox 73 combined problem as this whole thing does not occur on my Windows 10 system running ESET 13.0.24.0 and firefox 73.

ozzi

11 hours ago, itman said:

Most issues with FireFox posted to date in regards to Eset have traced backed to a corrupted FireFox profile. And some were "real doozie's" to diagnose.

Well... creating a new Firefox profile won't help...

On 2/16/2020 at 5:00 AM, tommy456 said:

I restored mine by  using the about:profiles and then selecting my older profile  that was in use prior to downgrading , and then reverting to 73 again, 

Doesn't work for me.

I can readily restore my normal profile and that works fine but ESET appears to create another shadow profile which it uses for secure banking, indexed from the normal profile.  Without updating restoring that to the pre Firefox upgrade version, Firefox objects each time I run secure banking and insists on creating a new profile

Firefox error.jpg

Edited by Patch

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Does switching to pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup make a difference?

I'm not much of a beta tester person... but in this case I'll make an exception...and... 
YAY! :D
Banking & Payment protection works like a charm! 
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

Best regards,
elle

dump.jpg

Edited by elle
added screendump

• Administrators

Pre-release updates are not beta updates. They have been already thoroughly tested and are typically released about 2-3 days prior to releasing modules for general public.