deszynda

KB3544 Installation Fixer

I would like to fix issue "Installation failed with: (0x643)" with Installation Fixer https://support.eset.com/en/kb3544-how-do-i-use-eset-installation-fixer#i2 Missing MSI Registry. I follow steps written in instruction but running Fixer always ends with error:

InstFix.exe - ESET Installation Fixer 1.5.0.0
Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o. 1992-2014. All rights reserved.

Fixing Missing MSI Registry ...
Product lookup ...
info: Found product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.2.2055.0
fatal error: Failed to locate the Installer package in the MSI cache.
C:\Windows\Temp\ESETInstallationFixer_64.exe exited on <computername> with error code 4.

I'm copying correct file eea_nt64.msi into C:\Windows\Installer folder but it is failing to locate package. Please verify if it is correct location or file name.

According to the following, it appears the .msi installer name specified is wrong:

For remote installations, parameters are selected during the process of configuring installation packages – selected parameters are then applied automatically on target clients.

The additional parameters for ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus can be also typed after the name of the .msi installation package (e.g., eea_nt64_ENU.msi /qn) in case of executing the remote installation via command line interface of the hosting operating system

https://help.eset.com/era/53/en-US/idh_ra_remoteinst_commandline.html

It appears that XXX in eea_nt64_XXX.msi installation package name specifies the three character language code abbreviation.

Edited by itman