Got A Question About Network Troubleshooting

Was just wondering what that little red person was under reputation? I have never seen that before so I just wanted to know what that meant.  Everything seems to be working right.   Here  is a picture of what I'm talking about

eset.PNG.ed4ba833e7eea9704c473dd537467b02.PNG

I assume its related to process reputation status.

Make sure the process referenced is ntoskrnl.exe. However, I am not sure Eset references "System" as such.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

I did click on details but it did not show what that little red person and green check marked mean.

It's about the number of users who have this , reputation and time of discovery , probably this icon means the number of users.

7 hours ago, Rami said:

It's about the number of users who have this , reputation and time of discovery , probably this icon means the number of users.

If this is indeed the case and the "1" on the right side of the icon indicates number of users, then the OP has an issue. The "System" process; i.e. ntoskrnl.exe should definitely not be shown as such.

I do hope @Purpleroses did not unblock that process.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
38 minutes ago, itman said:

If this is indeed the case and the "1" on the right side of the icon indicates number of users, then the OP has an issue. The "System" process; i.e. ntoskrnl.exe should definitely not be shown as such.

Does the green tick not state it is known though? Would the 1 not maybe mean its an updated version but then if it was I suppose you'd expect multiple people with eset to have it

1 minute ago, peteyt said:

Does the green tick not state it is known though? Would the 1 not maybe mean its an updated version but then if it was I suppose you'd expect multiple people with eset to have it

It would also mean that OP was the first Eset user to have the file exist on his device. The odds of that for ntoskrnl.exe is many zillions to one.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, itman said:

If this was legitimate in the photo that purpleroses provided , then I would probably think that this was on the side of the LiveGrid or failing to connect to it for check , or some other results that shouldn't be provided or newer version(but newer version should give green also)

*bump*
Trying hard to find settings for "Network protection troubleshooting"? 
Could someone show me where to find it? 
ESET Internet Security 13.0.24.0
Win 7 x64
Thanks and best regards, 
elle

Edited by elle
Found the setting...

5 hours ago, elle said:

Trying hard to find settings for "Network protection troubleshooting"? 
Could someone show me where to find it? 

Eset_Trouble.thumb.png.19b00c913b0d6a8680511c9dd6022ff3.png

Warning:

The wizard creates what is referred to by Eset as "permissive" rules. In other words and for example if a process is being blocked, it will create a rule to allow all network activity from the process rather than specifying what network connection is actually being made.

I always recommend prior to unblocking network traffic via the wizard, the blocked network traffic be examined and the appropriate firewall rule be created manually, or update the wizard created, specifying the particular network connection being used.

Edited by itman