Exclude Files and Folders from Scanning

RangerZ

We are using the Lacerte Tax programs by Intuit and appear to be having issues with ESET Endpoint Antivirus locking Lacerte files.  Intuit recommends a list of files and folders to exclude from scanning, but I am unable to find a way to configure scanning exceptions other than a file type (extension).

Does this product support exceptions and f so how do I configure them?

Apparently I was on v 7.0.2091.0 which did not include the option.  Now on the newest version which contains the feature I am looking for.

Apparently this does not support the use of wild cards, which would make things easier.  EG: C;\Lacerte\*.* but hopefully this will do what I need.

Thank you!  I need to test but think I am good.

Unfortunately "Process Exclusions" are not truly robust enough.  I am trying to exclude an index file for my Tax application with an extension of P9 (OPINDEX.P9) and I can not.  (File vs a Processs I guess)

It appears that we can do path exclusion on our Windows Server with the ESET File Security product.

From the manual, it's unclear if I can do this with ESET Endpoint Security.

Please consider including path exclusion in a future update.

OK, This is much more like what I want.

Two more questions please

1 - If I exclude a folder as I Performance Exclusion am I being redundant by excluding a file in the path as a Process exclusion?

2 - As I apparently can export the Performance exclusions as a file and apply to other users (Excellent!) is the %appdata% a valid expression.  The tool accepted the string, but not sure how to test it actually works.

Thank you Marcos

• Administrators

If a process access only files in folders in the performance exclusion list, adding the process to process exclusions won't make any difference.