EES 7.2.2055.0 gui not displaying in windows 10 1909

roga

I have Eset Endpoint Security  7.2.2055.0 on win10 pro 1909

I can't get the gui window to show. I've tried right clicking and double clicking the notification icon - nothing happens. If I go to the start menu and click on "Eset Endpoint Security" nothing happens.

Task manager shows eset main gui and proxy gui as active, but the windows do not show. Notifications show (e.g. blocked website)

I've tried cascade windows on the task bar, and "show open windows" after clicking on "show desktop", I can't see the windows.

I have a raedon RX550 graphics card (no idea if that is relevant, but you never know)

Any ideas?

regards

roga

2 hours ago, Rami said:

Maybe it's set as Silent by a policy?

This is on a stand alone non-domain computer - no policies (either eset or group policy)

• Most Valued Members
5 minutes ago, roga said:

This is on a stand alone non-domain computer - no policies (either eset or group policy)

Try to run the GUI as Administrator.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Are you positive that you didn't change the gui start mode to something else than Full ?

image.png

I don't think I did that, if I did how would I change it?

• Administrators

If it's a problem just on one machine, try uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version from scratch. In the event of problems, use the Uninstall tool in safe mode: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

If it's a problem just on one machine, try uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version from scratch. In the event of problems, use the Uninstall tool in safe mode: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

I was using the most recent version, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled an earlier version 7.0.2091 - gui is now operating as expected.

Where can I download other previous versions? I would like to install the version before the current one.

regards

roga