Can't perform system restore

I'm using ESS 7. When i preformed a system restore yesterday, it failed and it is most likely ESS caused it to happen. Any solution?

Edited by Weng

I tried but still have the error code 0x8007005(something like that) after restart.

Edited by Weng

A clean installation of ESS7.Use eset removal tool to uninstall to do a clean installation.Hope it helps

As long as the ESS in my system, the problem still there. Even I uninstall it and do system restore, there is no guarantee that it will success since ESS already installed at the restore point.

Weng, i suggest contacting customer care to assist you with your issue, it may be difficult to straighten out what has been done.

Are you in the United States ?

Weng, i suggest contacting customer care to assist you with your issue, it may be difficult to straighten out what has been done.

Are you in the United States ?

No, I'm in Malaysia. Just forget about it, its only a minor problem in my system. Maybe this is a new idea for the future improvement for eset.

I would recommend an image based backup solution versus using System restore as System restore is limited in it's scope.External hardrives are cheap these days and there are free imaging software programs out there.I however use Acronis True Image.I back up while I sleep a few nights a week.It has saved me on more than 1 occasion over the years.

If the ESET Uninstaller hasn't been used, that's the problem.

I was not aware if it had been used yet.

;)

ESET Uninstaller does solve the problem. However, when I restore to the previous point, Eset is malfunction and I need to reinstall and update it again. Since my internet connection has the usage limit, installing and updating Eset will eat up my usage and this is not I want. When I have option to do system restore to solve my problem, this is the easiest way but not the only option I have.