eguiProxy - process restart loop

TSGarp

Windows 7 - ESET NOD32 Antivirus v. 12.2.31.0

since 2020-02-06:

on startup Nod32 complains about protocol filtering problem/root-certificate multiple times

eguiProxy restarts every 10 seconds and steals focus from other apps doing that

eset status changes from "info" to "warning" on every restart of the process

i can't change the ssl settings, like recommended, because of this

how to stop this behavior?

• Administrators

You are using an old version of EAV. Please upgrade to the latest version 13.0.24. You should receive an offer to upgrade on a regular basis, do you always dismiss or it doesn't pop up at all?

Last but not least I would recommend upgrading your license to ESET Internet Security (or ESET Smart Security Premium which adds also Password manager and Disk encryption). These two include also Network protection which protects your machine from bruteforce attacks on RDP, SQL, SMB, etc. Especially RDP bruteforce attacks are a common way how attackers get into the system, disable antivirus, run ransomware and then extort money from the victim. Moreover, Network protection protects unpatched systems from exploitation of vulnerabilities in network protocols and was able to protect users also from the infamous WannaCry ransomware spreading to unpatched computers.

eset nod32 antivirus update says it's up to date,

and a manual install of v. 13 complains about Windows 7 SP1 is out of date OS

so i paid for a product that claims to work with windows 7, but now does not support it anymore?

• Administrators

V13 requires Windows 7 SP1 to be installed. Please install SP1, then upgrade to v13 should be available.

https://help.eset.com/eis/13/en-US/outdated_os.html

Issue

You are running an outdated version of the operating system. To remain protected, always try to keep your operating system up to date.

Solution

Verify you have installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with latest Windows updates (at least KB4474419 and KB4490628).

same problem here. i have installed sp1 and both security updates mentioned. still the process is stuck in a close-and-restart-loop.

my system is not secured right now and your "solution" is a joke at best. eset should have never enabled updates that require OS-updates without checking for them first. the point of being up-to-date is to guarantee best possible security. now i have no security at all.

also: you didn't even mention other possibilities and your wild guess failed.

i can't update, repair or scan.

Edited by hansm

• Administrators

The installer checks if Windows 7 SP1 and the two Windows updates are installed. Please provide a screen shot or video to demonstrate the issue as well as logs collected with ESET Log Collector for perusal.