ESET only allows local Remote desktop, not via VPN

Chris T Fer

Hi there! New ESET Endpoint Security User here...

We just got things installed and although we can use Remote Desktop within the office between PC's and Servers, when I connect remotely via VPN and then try RDP it doesn't work. Oddly enough it DOES work when I remote to servers but not for PC's. Also, if I disable the firewall on a PC and THEN try it, it does work.

I had found a couple of old articles in this forum on this issue but they are archived.

Can anyone drop me some steps to adjust the firewall settings to allow RDP from "outside" our network via VPN?

And what would be best as far as setting this up for a few users... via policy?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

24 minutes ago, Chris T Fer said:

Also, if I disable the firewall on a PC and THEN try it, it does work.

On this PC, open Network Wizard and it should show what connections are being blocked. Also, Network protection log should show the blocked connections.

Thanks for the replies... you'll have to excuse my ignorance but where would I find the Network Troubleshooting Wizard? And if I turn on learning mode, what learning mode settings do I need to set?

Ah ha!  Found the troubleshooter. What an awesome tool! Got everything working. Now if I understand things correctly, I just need to work on setting up a policy with this rule in the Cloud Administrator so I can assign it to the users that need this functionality. Am I on the right track?

18 minutes ago, Chris T Fer said:

I just need to work on setting up a policy with this rule in the Cloud Administrator so I can assign it to the users that need this functionality. Am I on the right track?

For better exposure and quicker response by appropriate Eset Admin, you should post this question in the  Eset Business User Products -> Remote Management forum section. You can post a link to this thread for reference.

Edited by itman