Performance Exclusions - Ability to Add Network Shares to List

We are new to eSET having come from SEP.  I am in the process of setting up new Policies in eSET and I am having trouble figuring some things out.  Hoping someone can shed some light.

Using eSET Security Management Center, latest version.

Example:

We have a network share of DCF$.  How can I input this in the Performance Exclusions?  I was thinking %DCF$% but I am not 100% sure this is correct and would I do %DCF$%\* for everything in that directory?

Some of our Workstations have multiple drives and the same directory.  We need the same directory on each drive excluded so c:\test, d:\test, e:\test.  Do I need to list each exception individually or is there a wildcard I can use for the drive?

• Administrators

By default, network drives are not scanned by real-time protection so you may not need any exclusions. Excluding network paths sometimes causes issues on system start since the local system account under which ekrn is run has no permissions to network shares.

Network shares can be excluded by adding a UNC path to performance exclusions, e.g. \\computer1\DCF$.

image.png

Marcos - My default policy had Network Drives checked.  I will uncheck it.

\\computer1 was not listed in the eSET documentation.  Glad I can use that.

Thank you

• Administrators
1 minute ago, DMoody007 said:

Marcos - My default policy had Network Drives checked.  I will uncheck it.

Note that this is safe to do only if ESET is installed on all machines and all protection modules (especially real-time protection) are enabled.

Agree - eSET is installed on the server that provided the shares so it is scanned locally.  No need to do it from every workstation.

Wish that was off by default but glad I switched it off for performance.