HIPS Module 'Downgraded?'

howardagoldberg

I am running two systems on Windows 10 x64 (1909).

Last evening, I noticed the the HIPS module was at version 1379.6 (01/27/2020).

The prior module was version 1380.2 (01/20/2020)

The date of the 'current' version is later (January 27) than the past version (January 20), but the version number seems to have been downgraded?

Are we still protected from the vulnerabilities that 1380.2 was pushed out to address?

Please advise. Thank you!

@Marcos @Peter Randziak

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, howardagoldberg said:

I am running two systems on Windows 10 x64 (1909).

Last evening, I noticed the the HIPS module was at version 1379.6 (01/27/2020).

The prior module was version 1380.2 (01/20/2020)

The date of the 'current' version is later (January 27) than the past version (January 20), but the version number seems to have been downgraded?

Are we still protected from the vulnerabilities that 1380.2 was pushed out to address?

Please advise. Thank you!

@Marcos @Peter Randziak

This sounds weird - have you had pre-release updates on at any time and then disabled them? The only thing I can think of is you where using pre-release updates but disabled them and somehow eset went back to the non pre-release version

23 minutes ago, peteyt said:

This sounds weird - have you had pre-release updates on at any time and then disabled them? The only thing I can think of is you where using pre-release updates but disabled them and somehow eset went back to the non pre-release version

It is weird, and again it's on both of my W10 systems.

I have *never* used pre-release updates on either system, so I never disabled them 😉.

And again, the date for the 1379.6 version is 7 days more current, but the version number of the module has 'regressed.'

Only explanation is this was pushed out by ESET. If it was only on one system, I would look to a 'local issue' ... but it's clearly reproducible. 

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, howardagoldberg said:

It is weird, and again it's on both of my W10 systems.

I have *never* used pre-release updates on either system, so I never disabled them 😉.

And again, the date for the 1379.6 version is 7 days more current, but the version number of the module has 'regressed.'

Only explanation is this was pushed out by ESET. If it was only on one system, I would look to a 'local issue' ... but it's clearly reproducible. 

Hopefully someone from Eset will get back to you. Only other thing I can think is there was maybe an issue with it and so they pulled the previous version

Just now, peteyt said:

Hopefully someone from Eset will get back to you. Only other thing I can think is there was maybe an issue with it and so they pulled the previous version

That's what I am suspecting ... but given that 1380.2 was pushed out to address specific vulnerabilities, it would be great to have some information on what is going on ... thus, my post! 🙂

• Administrators

HIPS 1380.3 will be available on the pre-release update channel soon. It will be based on 1380.2 and will contain no changes concerning consumer products.

47 minutes ago, Marcos said:

HIPS 1380.3 will be available on the pre-release update channel soon. It will be based on 1380.2 and will contain no changes concerning consumer products.

Marcos, respectfully, that does not answer my question at all.

Why was the module 'downgraded' from 1380.2 > 1379.6?

Did something strange happen at my end (on two different systems) or is the current official version 1379.6?

Thank you!

• Administrators

The reason was that on a small number of systems with an ESET business product and a user's custom application installed and the LiveGrid Feedback system disabled, the newly introduced feature caused issues.