Using Static or Dynamic Groups

I would like to use my current active directory structure in ESET security management centre, to dictate which GPO policies to use when adding a new agents, new software and updating current modules.

I would like to dictate tasks, so everything is automated... when a new machine is added to our static group synchronisation, when modules need updated, overcome warnings and errors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

AD Structure.PNG

• ESET Staff

Hello,

I am not completely sure, what is the actual problem you are trying to solve. Tasks and policies could be assigned to both static and dynamic group. If you for example schedule a task for "schedule once", it will be executed on a machine first time, the machine appears in the group. if you for example use a nested dynamic group, you can reach advanced automation, where the task will be executed on a dynamic group level, by "joined dynamic group task" , or you can use also repeated schedule that would fix potential failures on a regular basis. 

Static group is a permanent address = computer can be resident of only one static group. Dynamic groups are filters, focusing on various variable conditions, and computer can be member of various dynamic groups at once, even on different hierarchy levels (dynamic groups could exist under "ALL" group, or under any other group, where the conditions would apply just for the computers in that particular static group. 

Hope that this helps. But if you write exact scenario, we might be able to provide further guidance.

Regards,

Michal