Install Internet Security over NOD32 ?

Hello,

I have NOD32 installed. I'd like to move to Internet Security. The installation process tells me something like  "no need to install Internet Security, it's already there". Is the installer fooled by the fact NOD32 is installed? Or is there no difference between the two softwares ?

• Administrators

Please check that you have downloaded the live installer for ESET Internet Security and not for ESET NOD32 Antivirus in error. If that's not the case, please provide a screen shot of the error.

Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the correct installer:  eset_internet_security_live_installer.exe

I don't know how to insert a screen shot here, but here is the exact text: "Installation terminée. Version la plus récente de ESET Internet Security est déjà installée sur cet ordinateur". In English: "Installation complete. Latest version of ESET Internet Security already installed on this computer". 

This message comes 1 or 2 seconds after launching the installer (in other words: it does nothing before to give the message). After this message, i confirm the software on my PC is NOD32.

Image4.jpg

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, obiwan said:

Hello,

I have NOD32 installed. I'd like to move to Internet Security. The installation process tells me something like  "no need to install Internet Security, it's already there". Is the installer fooled by the fact NOD32 is installed? Or is there no difference between the two softwares ?

Uninstalling NOD32 AV and then installing ESET SS will give you the same message also?

Appears to me there might be a bug in the Eset on-line installer. You can download the full off-line installer for EIS here: https://support.eset.com/en/download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products

The question is if installing EIS on top of NOD32 is recommended? Or should NOD32 be uninstalled first and then EIS installed? I would opt for the later since NOD32 does not contain core components EIS contains such as the firewall.

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, itman said:

Appears to me there might be a bug in the Eset on-line installer. You can download the full off-line installer for EIS here: https://support.eset.com/en/download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products

The question is if installing EIS on top of NOD32 is recommended? Or should NOD32 be uninstalled first and then EIS installed? I would opt for the later since NOD32 does not contain core components EIS contains such as the firewall.

If I were to do it also , I would remove NOD32 and install EIS/ESS after, to avoid anykind of problems after.

Thanks for the link towards full installer; I will try. I would like to avoid uninstalling NOD32 before to install EIS; ESET installers should be smart enough to do the required job :-). 

Marcos, I have no clue what is "logs collected with ESET Log Collector" Where do I find Log Collector ?

For me this problem is a bug in the EIS installer, right ? It should be smart enough to detect NOD32 is installed and replace it by EIS. I guess EIS's antivirus part is identical to NOD32 - only the firewall comes in addition?

• Most Valued Members
43 minutes ago, obiwan said:

Marcos, I have no clue what is "logs collected with ESET Log Collector" Where do I find Log Collector ?

For me this problem is a bug in the EIS installer, right ? It should be smart enough to detect NOD32 is installed and replace it by EIS. I guess EIS's antivirus part is identical to NOD32 - only the firewall comes in addition?

https://support.eset.com/en/how-do-i-use-eset-log-collector

And here you can see the differences between the products : https://support.eset.com/en/features-available-in-windows-eset-home-products

• Administrators

Please use the product change feature under Help and support to upgrade to ESET Internet Security. You may need to change the license first in case you've received a different license key for ESET Internet Security.

image.png

image.png