Jump to content
salmmus

Install Can't Get Past Setup's User Registration on Deepin 15.4 (Debian)

Recommended Posts

Hello. I try to install Nod32 Antivirus on my Deepin 15.4 OS AMD 64-bit that is based on Debian. It's a fresh installation of Deepin. It installs and then prompts to enter account email and password or get the free trial. No matter what I select, it isn't going through. I never get an email with my password and updates say could not connect to registration/update database.

Edited by salmmus
add images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, salmmus said:

Hello. I try to install Nod32 Antivirus on my Deepin 15.4 OS AMD 64-bit that is based on Debian. It's a fresh installation of Deepin. It installs and then prompts to enter account email and password or get the free trial. No matter what I select, it isn't going through. I never get an email with my password and updates say could not connect to registration/update database.

Should be moved to Linux section,

You are able to enter your email and select Trial or you cannot ? sorry I didn't understand

Do you have any Firewall running in the system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can choose the trial option and enter email and other registration information once it is installed, but it fails to register. A trial does not get activated and I do not receive an email. I have no firewall. Also, where is the Linux section? Thanks.

Edited by salmmus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, salmmus said:

I can choose the trial option and enter email and other registration information once it is installed, but it fails to register. A trial does not get activated and I do not receive an email. I have no firewall. Also, where is the Linux section? Thanks.

Hi the linux home section is at https://forum.eset.com/forum/27-eset-nod32-antivirus-for-linux-desktop/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 12:11 AM, salmmus said:

I can choose the trial option and enter email and other registration information once it is installed, but it fails to register. A trial does not get activated and I do not receive an email. I have no firewall. Also, where is the Linux section? Thanks.

I don't know if it's a problem connected to Deeping OS or some kind of networking in your network , but as far as you have reached the part of activating your product it shouldn't bring you other troubles

Indeed you should receive an email that you activated the product as Trial , but the username/password should be inserted automatically by the program so no action from you should be done in that case.

Do you have any other device in your Network that has ESET working fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It worked fine on Windows 10. On Deepin 15.11, I just used sudo su to get root and then ran the .linux install file from the terminal and everything worked. I swore I did that the first time but it worked this time. Using sudo by itself wasn't working however. But now, my quarantine list shows that the files are still in their original locations. Why would that happen? I right click to select "ingore and add to exclusions" and it says failed, the file already exists. I go to the original folder and it is still there but shown in quarantine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, salmmus said:

It worked fine on Windows 10. On Deepin 15.11, I just used sudo su to get root and then ran the .linux install file from the terminal and everything worked. I swore I did that the first time but it worked this time. Using sudo by itself wasn't working however. But now, my quarantine list shows that the files are still in their original locations. Why would that happen? I right click to select "ingore and add to exclusions" and it says failed, the file already exists. I go to the original folder and it is still there but shown in quarantine.

It could be problematic because of the AppArmor , but I never experienced that the AppArmor is blocking ESET from doing things in the Quarantine

You specifically need Deepin and not Ubuntu or Debian?

I wonder what is wrong with your install , an ESET staff would provide a better answers than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AppArmor not in use. But I can say that the files in quarantine are in a Windows 10 ntfs folder, but I have access in FileManager (Deepin default file explorer). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...