Jump to content

Worst Application Ever


Recommended Posts

This software just wasted my one whole week. Faced a problem I ending up learning was being caused by this anti-virus.

All of a sudden all Google sites stopped working on my Laptop. I contacted every support from all other applications I was using on my machine, including Windows support and all VPNs, but the minute I uninstalled this anti-virus the websites started working again. 

 

I lost a good amount of my time that too during my exams period. If there is hell I wish for makers of this piece of to go there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Unfortunately without more details about the issue and logs it's impossible to comment on it. All we can say at this point is that it's not a general issue and nobody else has reported problems accessing Google's websites. However, I can imaging you had another 3rd party software intercepting ssl communication or somehow intervening in https communication that might have caused the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, itman said:

Also unfortunately, you spent a week trying to diagnose this issue rather than posting in this forum when the issue first arose.

Like I mentioned. This software my least suspected software to be causing issues for me and I came to this forum the minute I found out. I am better off without it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately without more details about the issue and logs it's impossible to comment on it. All we can say at this point is that it's not a general issue and nobody else has reported problems accessing Google's websites. However, I can imaging you had another 3rd party software intercepting ssl communication or somehow intervening in https communication that might have caused the issue.

There are many possilbe reason since i do use internet through AnyConnect VPN provided by our University campus. But I didn't have any problem since I am on this configuration. The only changes I had made was installed new updates for Windows. I did a reset on my Laptop and the issue was gone. But it came back again. It was only out of desperation I uninstalled Eset Internet Secruity and things were back to normal. It is natural to have my doubts on this software.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
28 minutes ago, Shameel Faraz said:

There are many possilbe reason since i do use internet through AnyConnect VPN provided by our University campus. But I didn't have any problem since I am on this configuration. The only changes I had made was installed new updates for Windows. I did a reset on my Laptop and the issue was gone. But it came back again. It was only out of desperation I uninstalled Eset Internet Secruity and things were back to normal. It is natural to have my doubts on this software.

If you have paid for a subscription I'd recommend reinstalling and if the issue recurs collecting logs. It could be that the VPN and eset aren't working together properly but can be setup. Also identifying what is causing the issue can stop future users from experiencing it to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Technical support is provided for free. Customer care personnell will be happy to assist you with troubleshooting the issue. The issue may be there and manifest only with ESET installed so it'd be good to determine the cause than just blindly consider uninstallation of ESET a solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Technical support is provided for free. Customer care personnell will be happy to assist you with troubleshooting the issue. The issue may be there and manifest only with ESET installed so it'd be good to determine the cause than just blindly consider uninstallation of ESET a solution.

I'll do that after my exam month. Can't afford to lose more time on it right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably your existing VPN doesn't shake hand with ESET, for your information I using the VPN have been working with ESET for surfing, for downloading. Please check the compatible VPN, and better your send the clear information such as the OS, ESET version and VPN vendor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...