Unanswered false positive reports

During the last 8 weeks I have attempted multiple times to obtain an answer from ESET regarding a false positive detection report that has been submitted according to the official guidelines present at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141#SubmitFile, however, without success (no auto-reply or answer / conclusion received overall).

Please let me know if there is a different procedure in place at this moment and if you can recommend a contact person or email address that I should reach out to for such cases, expecting a time is of the essence processing method that will provide at least some indication of ESET's position regarding the false positive reports that I have submitted.

Thank you for your consideration!

Do you have a few examples to show here. Programs, Websites?

I might be able to give you a quick/short answer here.

In time, one of the mods will check in and might be able to look into your case for you.

• Administrators

Maybe it was a detection of a potentially unwanted application with a behavior that some users may want to keep away from their pc and the detection was correct. Unfortunately, you didn't provide any further details, such as the detection name so we can only speculate about it.

Maybe it was a detection of a potentially unwanted application with a behavior that some users may want to keep away from their pc and the detection was correct. Unfortunately, you didn't provide any further details, such as the detection name so we can only speculate about it.

Unfortunately, the URL used to download the affected product installers in question is not public so I cannot offer it on the public forum. Please let me know if you can recommend a contact email address where I can send you the complete details.

Unfortunately, the URL used to download the affected product installers in question is not public so I cannot offer it on the public forum. Please let me know if you can recommend a contact email address where I can send you the complete details.

Here: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

As I explained in my starting post, I already submitted this case to the default false positive report email address. The result was: no reply whatsoever, either automatic or from a person. For this reason, I was hoping that the forum may be a better chance at obtaining the necessary support since the false positive detection in question is affecting a commercial software product since more than 2 months. 

What I need now is a contact person or different email address than the default one in order to submit the case for review as it seems the default email address for false positive reports is not taking my reports into consideration (was at least expecting a reply or some analysis result / official position).

Send the URL in a PM to a mod and they might take a look at it. Though the right way to do it is still via that link. 

Edited by SweX

Send the URL in a PM to a mod and they might take a look at it. Though the right way to do it is still via that link. 

While I do appreciate your time and support, I would like, if possible, to have an official reply and/or position from ESET about this case and why I have never received any update regarding any of the false positive support inquiries that I have submitted in the past weeks about this case. Going further, I am still expecting a resolution from ESET and this case is to be considered unsolved at this time.

So, have you sent the secret URL to a MOD or not?

How can ESET help you if you don't let them know about your URL and/or software hosted at that URL.

I think the AV lab dont have time to respond to each case if it's not needed.

A user sends in undetected malware then they will respond saying something similar to "It will be added...."

A user reports an FP and if it indeed is an FP they would most likely respond saying "The FP will be fixed..."

If it's not an FP then the detection will simply stay in place. 

• Administrators

Unfortunately, no information was provided which could help us identify the case. I, for one, don't see any reason why not to provide a detection name or domain name (not necessarily the complete url) so that everybody can see what FP you're talking about. Still, I assume it's a correct PUA detection as false positives, although extremely rare with ESET, are fixed momentarily after being reported.

• Administrators

If you are referring to the file HSS-2.88-install-e-395-conduit.exe, then it's a PUA which is detected and the detection is correct. The installation package contains ConduitInetc.dll which says it all.