List of allowed addresses - Still scanned?

Under URL management -- What is the difference between List of allowed addresses and List of addresses excluded from content scan?

Let's say there is a website that ESET is blocking but I want to access it anyway. If I add it to List of allowed addresses, will ESET then let me access that page but still scan for malware whereas adding it to List of addresses excluded from content scan will let me access the site and not scan it for malware?

Is my assumption correct?

If so, then if I add a URL to List of allowed addresses and ESET lets me access the page but finds malware, ESET will still block the page? So if the malware is a false positive, the only way to access that page is to then add it to List of addresses excluded from content scan?

Is all of the above correct? If not, please elaborate.

Edited by jeffshead

• Administrators

If a website is blacklisted, adding it to the list of allowed addresses will allow access. Access to websites in the Allowed addresses list is scanned for malware.

URLs in the list of addresses excluded from content scan are not scanned for malware. We do not recommend adding any URLs in this list unless there's an issue accessing a specific website and ESET personnel has advised to exclude it from content filtering.