Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tio

gasurvey.gemius.com

Recommended Posts

Hey people, (sorry if this is a stupid question)  so I was checking my history and I just saw that I visited something called "gasurvey.gemius.com" I personally never visited this site (might be redirected) I googled it and it is something to collect my browser-related data ? Can someone more knowledgeable inspect it, because when I google it all I come to is this "gasurvey.gemius.com" and 1 more article, I never had pop-ups or anything I just noticed it in my browser history. All I understand is that someone is basically spying on everything I do on the internet ? Could someone not so retarded as me clarify me this 😕 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tio said:

Hey people, (sorry if this is a stupid question)  so I was checking my history and I just saw that I visited something called "gasurvey.gemius.com" I personally never visited this site (might be redirected) I googled it and it is something to collect my browser-related data ? Can someone more knowledgeable inspect it, because when I google it all I come to is this "gasurvey.gemius.com" and 1 more article, I never had pop-ups or anything I just noticed it in my browser history. All I understand is that someone is basically spying on everything I do on the internet ? Could someone not so retarded as me clarify me this 😕 

 

If you have ESET running , you can do in-depth scan for your computer to make sure you don't have any kind of threats lurking inside your PC, and for your browser , that website you are talking about might be a redirection from another website if you have never visited it.

Adding uBlock origin extension to your browser might help you get rid off many useless ads and disturbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gemius is a company that provides surveys for clients, typically for newspapers or magazines on their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rami said:

If you have ESET running , you can do in-depth scan for your computer to make sure you don't have any kind of threats lurking inside your PC, and for your browser , that website you are talking about might be a redirection from another website if you have never visited it.

Adding uBlock origin extension to your browser might help you get rid off many useless ads and disturbing.

Just did in-depth scan all good, I have AdblockPlus is it any good ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Gemius is a company that provides surveys for clients, typically for newspapers or magazines on their website.

Oh I see , so nothing to do with collecting my browser-related data, probably just redirected me there from one of the sports sites that I visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tio said:

Just did in-depth scan all good, I have AdblockPlus is it any good ?

uBlock origin should be better , also in terms of RAM and CPU usage , it is lighter , but afterall it's what you prefer in the end. , but I prefer ublock origin :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rami said:

uBlock origin should be better , also in terms of RAM and CPU usage , it is lighter , but afterall it's what you prefer in the end. , but I prefer ublock origin :P

I mean in the end it does the same job , right ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tio said:

I mean in the end it does the same job , right ? 

Yes probably they would use the same lists for filtering , but go with uBlock Origin
Before ABP was good , but something changed or they sold to someone else and it went a little bit downhill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tio said:

I just saw that I visited something called "gasurvey.gemius.com"

This site is not directly accessible in a browser. If you try to access it via this URL, you will receive "403 Forbidden." Assume it's a tracker site some other web site you accessed, directed to for the purpose of harvesting your web activities.

If this type of activity concerns you, use a browser such as FireFox which emphasizes privacy. Add to FireFox, the uBlock Origin extension as previously recommended in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itman said:

This site is not directly accessible in a browser. If you try to access it via this URL, you will receive "403 Forbidden." Assume it's a tracker site some other web site you accessed, directed to for the purpose of harvesting your web activities.

If this type of activity concerns you, use a browser such as FireFox which emphasizes privacy. Add to FireFox, the uBlock Origin extension as previously recommended in this thread.

Well that's the thing I don't know if I should be concerned or not.  So what your assuming is that it might directed me to a tracker site which for example says "this person visits this sites" ? Shouldn't the AV detect this kind of stuff ? I have an idea where I got it from but its a site which is visited by millions of people, why it's targeted at me or its not targeted ? Why would some1 would harvest my web activities ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1

3 hours ago, Rami said:

Yes probably they would use the same lists for filtering , but go with uBlock Origin
Before ABP was good , but something changed or they sold to someone else and it went a little bit downhill.

Thanks ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tio said:

Shouldn't the AV detect this kind of stuff ?

No, because its a privacy versus a malware issue. 

Note the the Internet generates revenue from recording what is in essence what users do and sells that data in the form of statistical analysis (mostly benign) or for ad targeting  and the like (nuisance).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itman said:

No, because its a privacy versus a malware issue. 

Note the the Internet generates revenue from recording what is in essence what users do and sells that data in the form of statistical analysis (mostly benign) or for ad targeting  and the like (nuisance).

Yeah I just read that today and to add when f.e you google car's and there is an ad on facebook suggesting me cars. More like to see you whole internet behavior. I thought that, that was something directly targeted to me as if someone is just spying on every site i go into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...