Installation error on Debian 10.2 x64

Sorry I obtain, after downloading the file "eset_nod32av_64bit_de.linux" (100 MB), the error message "Installation error ... libc6-i386, /lib/ld-linux.so.2". The webpage "https://support.eset.com/en/installation-error-eset-nod32-for-linux-needs-the-following-packages-to-install-libc6-i386-libld-linuxso2-with-eset-nod32-antivirus-4-for-linux-desktop" describes how to proceed for Trisquel and Ubuntu.

Is there any explanation for Debian 10.2? I did try "Solution 1" of the above-mentioned page but was not successful. I did not try "Solution 2" as my Linux experience is small (however > 0).

Kind regards,  debian-user.

• Most Valued Members
On 1/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, debian-user said:

Sorry I obtain, after downloading the file "eset_nod32av_64bit_de.linux" (100 MB), the error message "Installation error ... libc6-i386, /lib/ld-linux.so.2". The webpage "https://support.eset.com/en/installation-error-eset-nod32-for-linux-needs-the-following-packages-to-install-libc6-i386-libld-linuxso2-with-eset-nod32-antivirus-4-for-linux-desktop" describes how to proceed for Trisquel and Ubuntu.

Is there any explanation for Debian 10.2? I did try "Solution 1" of the above-mentioned page but was not successful. I did not try "Solution 2" as my Linux experience is small (however > 0).

Kind regards,  debian-user.

Hello ,

Open a terminal and type " sudo apt-get install libc6 " without the quotation marks , install it and then run the ESET install again.

Ubuntu explanation should be the same as Debian , because Ubuntu is based on Debian and Trisquel is based on Ubuntu.

Edited by Rami

Dear Rami,
Thank you very much for your message. I tried it and it appeared that the "x32/x64" problem had also to be looked at. After consultation with a very experienced Fachinformatiker Systemintegration, the following (executed as "root") did it:

dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get install libc6-i386

Thank you very much again.  debian-user

• Most Valued Members
19 minutes ago, debian-user said:

Dear Rami,
Thank you very much for your message. I tried it and it appeared that the "x32/x64" problem had also to be looked at. After consultation with a very experienced Fachinformatiker Systemintegration, the following (executed as "root") did it:

dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get install libc6-i386

Thank you very much again.  debian-user

Argh I understand the difference then it's the add architecture.

You are welcome :)