4 hours ago, BeanSlappers said:

Hey everyone,

Does Eset have a antivirus for Qnap NAS's?

As far as I know there is no ESET product for NAS devices.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BeanSlappers said:

Is there going to be in the future?

I don't think so , but this question can be answered clearly by an ESET Staff , they know better than me I believe.

You could secure your NAS by firewalling it and/or making it only available for Local Network , Disable the default admin and make another one, and also you can put ESET on all machines that send data to the NAS , so that way the data will be scanned from the machines side and then sent NAS

Edited by Rami

Honestly i prefer an "Eset Box" as bitdefender ou F-secure.
It is can prevent bruteforce atatck or security breach.

I hope...

2 minutes ago, aranud87 said:

Honestly i prefer an "Eset Box" as bitdefender ou F-secure.
It is can prevent bruteforce atatck or security breach.

I hope...

??

Just now, BeanSlappers said:

??

I believe he is talking about his suggestion for ESET to make something for NAS devices so it can be protected from brute-force and security breaches.

Ok thank you I got a little confused, doesn't help I'm tired.  But yes it's a good idea, and an antivirus for it too .

If you use Eset on computer, you haven't need really on NAS.

Posted (edited)

Here's an article on how to secure NAS devices: https://www.howtogeek.com/350919/6-things-you-should-do-to-secure-your-nas/ .

The best recommendation is to create Eset firewall rule/s to only allow trusted local subnet connections to the NAS device.

Also according to this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20601-eset-blocking-uploads-to-local-synology-nas/ , your issue might not be Eset protecting the NAS device but the reverse situation. You might have to duplicate the NAS firewall rules as Eset firewall rules and set those rules to allow mode in Eset to allow local subnet access to the NAS device.

Edited by itman

5 hours ago, BeanSlappers said:

??

He was talking about how some AVs such as bitdefender have their own router designed to protect your home and connected devices e.g. IoT devices

3 hours ago, itman said:

Here's an article on how to secure NAS devices: https://www.howtogeek.com/350919/6-things-you-should-do-to-secure-your-nas/ .

The best recommendation is to create Eset firewall rule/s to only allow trusted local subnet connections to the NAS device.

Also according to this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20601-eset-blocking-uploads-to-local-synology-nas/ , your issue might not be Eset protecting the NAS device but the reverse situation. You might have to duplicate the NAS firewall rules as Eset firewall rules and set those rules to allow mode in Eset to allow local subnet access to the NAS device.

I already know about the firewall,  my nas is going to be strictly set up with everything I read up about.

Can't have to much people and device's accessing it.