• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, BeanSlappers said:

Hey everyone,

Does Eset have a antivirus for Qnap NAS's?

As far as I know there is no ESET product for NAS devices.

• Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BeanSlappers said:

Is there going to be in the future?

I don't think so , but this question can be answered clearly by an ESET Staff , they know better than me I believe.

You could secure your NAS by firewalling it and/or making it only available for Local Network , Disable the default admin and make another one, and also you can put ESET on all machines that send data to the NAS , so that way the data will be scanned from the machines side and then sent NAS

Edited by Rami
  • ESET Insiders

Honestly i prefer an "Eset Box" as bitdefender ou F-secure.
It is can prevent bruteforce atatck or security breach.

I hope...

• ESET Insiders
2 minutes ago, aranud87 said:

Honestly i prefer an "Eset Box" as bitdefender ou F-secure.
It is can prevent bruteforce atatck or security breach.

I hope...

??

• Most Valued Members
Just now, BeanSlappers said:

??

I believe he is talking about his suggestion for ESET to make something for NAS devices so it can be protected from brute-force and security breaches.

• ESET Insiders

Ok thank you I got a little confused, doesn't help I'm tired.  But yes it's a good idea, and an antivirus for it too .

Here's an article on how to secure NAS devices: https://www.howtogeek.com/350919/6-things-you-should-do-to-secure-your-nas/ .

The best recommendation is to create Eset firewall rule/s to only allow trusted local subnet connections to the NAS device.

Also according to this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20601-eset-blocking-uploads-to-local-synology-nas/ , your issue might not be Eset protecting the NAS device but the reverse situation. You might have to duplicate the NAS firewall rules as Eset firewall rules and set those rules to allow mode in Eset to allow local subnet access to the NAS device.

Edited by itman
  • Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, BeanSlappers said:

??

He was talking about how some AVs such as bitdefender have their own router designed to protect your home and connected devices e.g. IoT devices

• ESET Insiders
3 hours ago, itman said:

Here's an article on how to secure NAS devices: https://www.howtogeek.com/350919/6-things-you-should-do-to-secure-your-nas/ .

The best recommendation is to create Eset firewall rule/s to only allow trusted local subnet connections to the NAS device.

Also according to this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20601-eset-blocking-uploads-to-local-synology-nas/ , your issue might not be Eset protecting the NAS device but the reverse situation. You might have to duplicate the NAS firewall rules as Eset firewall rules and set those rules to allow mode in Eset to allow local subnet access to the NAS device.

I already know about the firewall,  my nas is going to be strictly set up with everything I read up about.

Can't have to much people and device's accessing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @BeanSlappers

All home edition products NOD32, EIS & ESSP scan Network Drives which includes NAS on the fly.
Setup > Advanced Setup > Detection Engine > Real-Time... > Media to Scan

Although perfect for small-time NAS users, this wouldn't be ideal for a NAS being accessed by dozens of people as it's not at the ICAP/Array level. Typically ICAP is used for a more enterprise approach, you'll often see other Vendors market this with "Protection Engine" or "In-line Setups". 

ESET only offer ICAP scanning within their business solutions; ESET File Security For Linux. & ESET Gateway Security (currently being phased out).

TLDR:
Yes & No :P

• ESET Insiders

hey Cp3p0,

Thank you for that answer.  That makes sense,  Mine is not a business one just the TS-128a.  Great little thing though,  works well.