Relationship between EEI and LiveGrid

Hello my fellow comrades in ESET,

May i know which component of LiveGrid is used in EEI to obtain reputation and popularity ratings for executables found in EEI console?

For the reputation ratings, i deduce it should rightfully rely on LiveGrid Reputation system, which sends hashes of the executables for matching to database of hashes.

But popularity ratings? Does it rely on LiveGrid Feedback system, where the actual executables are uploaded for further analysis ?

Does EEI ever send the actual executables to LiveGrid , or just the hashes only?

• ESET Staff

Hello, EEI sends just the hashes, for verification. However ESET applications (in case Live Grid Feedback System is enabled) do send files for in-depth analysis / replication. However your assumption is incorrect - popularity is determined by how often the file is seen in LiveGrid, reputation is the result of the replication / file behavior. 

On 12/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, MichalJ said:

Hello, EEI sends just the hashes, for verification. However ESET applications (in case Live Grid Feedback System is enabled) do send files for in-depth analysis / replication. However your assumption is incorrect - popularity is determined by how often the file is seen in LiveGrid, reputation is the result of the replication / file behavior. 

thank you Michal, you are awesome as always!