Problem updating ESMC 7.0 to ESMC 7.1

Hi team, I am having problems updating from ESMC 7.0 to ESMC 7.1

We expose the following problem, we send the update task to the latest version of the ESMC "7.1", but still keep the version 7.0, although it indicates the task was executed successfully.

- Additionally it is noted that there is no record of peer certificates

- The operating system is Windows server 2012 r2

Your comment are wellcome.

Image 1.jpg

Imagen 2.png

Imagen 3.jpg

• ESET Staff

We will need to see the tracelog from both the agent and a server on the machine.

Also, the detailed configuration of the task would help. However, for those issues I do recommend to contact your local ESET distributor and create a ticket with the technical support. 

• ESET Staff

Could you please double check configuration of "Components upgrade task" used to perform upgrade? It is crucial that it references some 7.1.* version of ESMC. Behavior you described would happen in case of 7.0.* reference is present in task configuration.

Also be aware that ESET repository as configuration in managing ESMC Agent is crucial for upgrade to work, it is necessary that connection to ESET infrastructure is available.

It's happening to me too right now. I have the same version of ESMC. My task references 7.1.717.0 version of ESMC. I can provide you requested trace logs, but rather via PM if it's possible.

• ESET Staff
8 hours ago, devlin said:

It's happening to me too right now. I have the same version of ESMC. My task references 7.1.717.0 version of ESMC. I can provide you requested trace logs, but rather via PM if it's possible.

If possible, send me please full verbosity trace logs generated by ESMC Agent located on client you are trying to upgrade (in this case AGENT on the same machine as is ESMC Server) via PM and I can check them.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent you whole trace log via message. There is this error:

2020-01-08 07:57:51 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1604]: UpgradeInfrastructure: Installation command 'cmd.exe /c msiexec.exe /qn /i "C:\Windows\TEMP\9843-ccf6-edea-c535\server_x64.msi" /l*v "%TEMP%\ra-upgrade-infrastructure.log" ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT="ReallySuppress"' exited with 0x643: (0x643), Při instalaci došlo k závažné chybě
2020-01-08 07:57:51 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1604]: UpgradeInfrastructure: Skipping webconsole upgrade. Server upgrade failed

• ESET Staff

From provided logs, especially

%TEMP%\ra-upgrade-infrastructure.log

mentioned in previous comment we were able to detect original issue:

SQL Database server version is '10.50.4042.0', which is considered as NOT SUPPORTED.

which means that SQL database used is no longer supported by ESMC 7.1, and this manual upgrade is required prior to upgrade of ESMC. In case SQLExpress variant is used, it is fairly simple, using standard MS SQLExpress installers where all data and configuration will be retained during upgrade.