Eset close all ports in computer

Michel T

I understand that as of version 7 of the eset, when find virus in the machine the eset for protection isolates the machine from the network and close all ports. Please, someone could clarify if this is really the case and how to solve it? if I do not want to close the ports

• Administrators

ESET doesn't do that. If a threat is detected, it's cleaned and that's it. You'd need to create a dynamic group and bind the appropriate policy with firewall settings blocking the network communication to it as well as set the trigger "joined dynamic group".

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

ESET doesn't do that. If a threat is detected, it's cleaned and that's it. You'd need to create a dynamic group and bind the appropriate policy with firewall settings blocking the network communication to it as well as set the trigger "joined dynamic group".

Well i have a case in a computer that have many threat and i can not understand why after installing eset  many ports  results blocked  including the remote desktop which is the most accurate. Only uninstall eset  work because I tried to deactivate the firewall temporarily and permanently, deactivate the protection and in no way  worked. Any suggestion?

• Administrators

If there an attack was detected, the remote IP address was temporarily blocked. You should see temporarily blocked IP addresses in the firewall panel. Also you can provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector for perusal. You can attach the generated archive with logs here since only ESET staff is able to access attachments.