ESET Smart Security 7 Firewall

post-3349-0-32485900-1396476313_thumb.jpg

post-3349-0-78942200-1396476362_thumb.jpg

post-3349-0-93710200-1396476373_thumb.jpg

[AV-Comparatives Firewall Test - March 2014]
hxxp://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/avc_fw_201403_en.pdf

I could know Windows firewall( Windows 7/8.X) is quite enough and good choice now.
Will ESET address these flaws soon?

Edited by sky7

• Administrators

The tests didn't include exploitation of communication protocols which is an area where ESS should excel. As for the mentioned problems with IPv6, I'm waiting for feedback from engineers.

By the way, the following is expected and desired behavior as there are users who want to take advantage of ESS features but want to use another firewall. Warning users in such case would prevent them from using ESS as they would be continually warned about disabled firewall integration:

"We note that it is possible to completely deactivate the ESET firewall in the suite’s settings, neatly removing it from the program interface, and allowing Windows firewall to be used without any alerts or error messages."

No more updated info?
Personal firewall module: 1189 (20140324) is updated.
Dose ESET address firewall issues (IPv6)?

• Administrators

Dose ESET address firewall issues (IPv6)?

Will be addressed in the next major release of consumer products. It's not possible to "fix" it by the module.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does eset plan to address the firewall issue I found, when 8.1 updates or restarts, you lose protection.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2605-eset-outgoing-fails-to-block-on-restart-of-81/

About this issue posted in this topic see #4.

And the issue to that topic you linked has nothing to do with this topic. So don't hijack this topic!

Edited by rugk