Application Control or Whitelisting Features in the Future?

Benjamin82

Are any sort of Application Control and/or Application Whitelisting features planned for a future release of ESET Endpoint protection?  I ask because I currently use Microsoft's built in Software Restriction Policies (SRP) along with ESET Endpoint, but Microsoft has indicated that SRP is no longer being developed and support for it may be pulled.  Of course they recommend using Applocker as the successor to SRP, but that's only available in Windows 10 Enterprise, and we have Windows 10 Pro.  Licensing Enterprise is somewhat more expensive than I thought, so I'm looking at third party options.  I noticed some other endpoint business products have application control included, such as Kaspersky and F-Secure.  I really like the configuration options of ESET HIPS, but it cannot quite replicate the whitelisting controls provided by SRP or Applocker.  Just curious if any consideration has been given to including similar capabilities in ESET. 

There are a few other third party options out there for strictly whitelisting, but few have centrally managed web consoles available (Excubits Bouncer, NoVirusThanks Smart Object Blocker, etc.).  About the only centrally managed options are Appguard or Airlock Digital, but once you factor in the cost for those, on top of ESET, Kaspersky or F-Secure might make more sense.  I think most of these products work largely the same and use the same Windows APIs.  Long story short, it would be great if ESET had application control/whitelisting features in the pipeline.

• Administrators

As far as I know, we don't plan to have Application control any time soon (meaning in the next few moths). Currently it's only possible to create HIPS rules to block execution of specific executables based on the path.