Jump to content
mohammad51

Problem in update Nod32 antivirus

Recommended Posts

Hello I changed the product from internet security to Nod32 antivirus.

It is already to change the product, no problem with.

---

3 days or 2 days I have been suffering from updating the program and in each time a message comes out alarming.

The eset liveGrid servers cannot be reached. This could be due to an outage or a problem with the network connection.

OK, if it is a bad connection, why I can log on my accounts in Yahoo, Facebook, Google and everywhere.

Also, I open videos online and could open any page I want.

Tell me the practical reason please.  The last image I uploaded ... The program takes a long time then at the end can't update and the red message comes out 

eset 2.PNG

eset 3.PNG

Edited by mohammad51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are sorry to hear about that you downgraded from ESET Internet Security to ESET NOD32 Antivirus since you have lost protection from brute-force attacks that Network attack protection included in EIS provided and could prevent attackers from stealing or encrypting files.

With EAV it's also more difficult to troubleshoot network communication issues. Please install Wireshark, start logging and then manually run update. When update fails, stop logging, compress the log and upload it here along logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you  Marcos

How can I install Wireshark, start logging  OR where can I find ?  What is this ? I never heard about 

Edited by mohammad51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to reply 

I found and installed, but the device  did nothing could enhance 

Yes, the internet in Iraq is not good but is not too much bad.

The problem with all eset products is being a lasting problem and never can be improved.

Not this time I use the eset 

I did a contact with the company -supporting team last night and waiting the answer. 

I  removed the Nod32 and installed eset internet security  ( Just to try ) and the problem is the same??? 

No advantage of you here in this forum. Most of you no knowledge they have and reply just to do a favour in a broken pot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have EIS installed, you don't need to install Wireshark and carry on as follows:

- enabled advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for customer care
- reboot the machine
- run update manually
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you have EIS installed, you don't need to install Wireshark and carry on as follows:

- enabled advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for customer care
- reboot the machine
- run update manually
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Thank you Marcos

Indeed I felt too much incapable to try more 

Yesterday 3 hours or more I tried to active the program ( EIS ) but still error and the same message ( ESET liveGird servers cannot be reached. This is due to outage in connection ( bad connection) ?? .....  and the same annoying message ever lasting 

I can open any page and log on Facebook and any activity I can do,  I can't understand the message of eset any more. 

Lastly I used the special tool of removing the program using the ( safe mode ) and the uninstallation peacefully completed ....  Now I use Microsoft antivirus  .. It is free and does not need any activation code

I know eset is better, but being losing my patience  .....  The Microsoft antivirus takes a long time while testing the computer , but what to do ....   

great Thanks 

goodby      

Edited by mohammad51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With EIS installed you could generated logs for perusal easily by following my instructions. They might have helped to understand what was going on on your machine. It must be something on your machine or another firewall or proxy that prevents ESET from reaching our servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the same message for Node32, that Livegrid isn't available. It seem to be stuck somewhat since it is always  on "product updating" and still have not been able to get the virus definations updated in over two weeks.

I have had this problem a long time, about three -four weeks ago I uninstalled with esetuninstaller.exe and then installed it again (when I did when the virus definition was out of date with a month). It toke over 48h for it to download all and get it updatet. Soon after it started again with the never ending update, but for about a week  at least the virus definition got updated (or the time when it last looked for it was),  I have Win 8.1 on this computer my other that have Win 10 have not had any such problems but totally crashed after a MS update 4 weeks ago. 

Best Regards,

Jan in Sweden

Edited by Cynic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cynic said:

I get the same message for Node32, that Livegrid isn't available. It seem to be stuck somewhat since it is always  on "product updating" and still have not been able to get the virus definations updated in over two weeks.

Please carry on as follows:
- with ESET Internet Security installed, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for customer care
- manually run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mohammad51 said:

Thank you Marcos

Indeed I felt too much incapable to try more 

Yesterday 3 hours or more I tried to active the program ( EIS ) but still error and the same message ( ESET liveGird servers cannot be reached. This is due to outage in connection ( bad connection) ?? .....  and the same annoying message ever lasting 

I can open any page and log on Facebook and any activity I can do,  I can't understand the message of eset any more. 

Lastly I used the special tool of removing the program using the ( safe mode ) and the uninstallation peacefully completed ....  Now I use Microsoft antivirus  .. It is free and does not need any activation code

I know eset is better, but being losing my patience  .....  The Microsoft antivirus takes a long time while testing the computer , but what to do ....   

great Thanks 

goodby      

As Marco's has stated the log tool would help eset find the issue. It's easy to use and when it is attached on here only the moderators can download to see it so there's no privacy issue if your worried about other users seeing it. It in my opinion is worth doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...