Many TMP file ESET File Security

Hello pals,

I want to ask about file security, cause many of our server run windows Server 2008 and 2012 with file security installed have so many temporary file on a folder C:\Windows\Installer.

The file size is growing from time to time, even with deleting, it will just come back by itself. Currently i just read about this to fix on win server 2008 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2388997/temporary-files-are-left-in-the-c-windows-installer-folder-when-you-qu and tried to install the hot fix, i'll try to install the hotfix, but  for windows server 2012 i have no idea.

Have anyone experienced this issue, and please let me know hot to solve it.

Thx in advice, cheers :)

Edited by autobanned

• Administrators

I assume that this should have been posted rather in the general forum since you're not referring to temporary files created by ESET but to files created in c:\windows\installer by Windows Installer. Deleting the content of the folder would prevent you from uninstalling applications using Windows Installer.

• Administrators

Perhaps it was just a coincidence that you checked an ESET msi file. Try checking details of other randomly chosen msi files. I have 220 msi files there and 360 msp files which are Office updates.