CPU Utilization 98-100% on Mac

We've been having many complaints of slow Mac computers due to ESET. This last time I had ESETs ERAAgent running at 98-100% on my computer for quite some time. Not sure what to do to fix this.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 4.23.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 4.21.38 PM.png

• ESET Staff

Would it be possible to upgrade this AGENT to 7.1 version? We had similar reports previously and made fix for them but we were never able to reproduce this issue reliably - user's reports were triggered by unexpected state of ESET Endpoint product. Upgrade of ESMC Agent to 7.1 is possible even without upgrading ESMC -> you just have to expect that exported configurations from this client won't be readable by ESMC 7.0.

Also it might help to provide us CPU diagnostic report as generated by masOS automatically in case of higher CPU usage by application, but unfortunately I am currently not sure where exactly is it located.

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, sktiffany said:

I updated to 7.1.840.0. I will see how that works.

I do not know how to capture a CPU diagnostic report. I googled and don't see instructions anywhere.

I think those reports are generated automatically by system and stored in /System/DiagnosticReports where files named ERAAgent...diag might be interesting in this case, especially if issue re-occurs after upgrade.