new ess version?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

• ESET Insiders

Hello Marcos,

I may be being a bit overly cautious but I have a question for you in regards to ESS and Windows 8.1 Update 1 that is being released this coming Tuesday. You mention a minor update to ESS is coming soon to ESS concerning support for this Microsoft update. Will the minor update to ESS with 8.1 Update 1 support be released before the Microsoft update this Tuesday? If not, are there any issues we should be concerned about where you would recommend us to hold off on installing Update 1 until ESET releases this update? I ask as I have not seen many reports of anyone testing the current version of ESS with Update 1 and was wondering if there are issues where we should hold off installing Update 1 until ESS with support for this is released? Thanks in advance...

• Administrators
  • Solution

If you already have an ESET product installed, it already contains modules that fully support Windows 8.1 Update 1. The installer I was speaking about will have these modules already included.

Hey puff

Keep in mind the Windows 8.1 Update set for april 8 is going to be a staggered deployment. Released in stages, and may not hit everyone at once. AFAIK

Edited by Arakasi