manually adding computers already with agents

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

In my confusion, I removed some systems (from the Windows group) that I really shouldn't have.   In realizing my mistake, I waited until the systems were up to ensure they were automatically added to the list again when their agents reported in.

However, after waiting for an hour, the list of computers still lacked those missing systems.   So I added them manually via their local fqdn.  Even after half an hour, their status still show the circle.

So I've got a few questions regarding this scenario.

1) Assume I didn't manually add those systems,  how long will those agents report back to the ESMC server?

2) Now that I've manually added those systems, how long will those agents be 'discovered'?

I really don't want to go into those systems and remove the AV and Agent and redeploy them. 

Thanks

Edmund

• Most Valued Members
2019-12-07 02:39:06 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread cd4]: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "beta.main.local" port: 2222' failed with: Request: Era.Common.Services.Replication.CheckReplicationConsistency
Request on connection: host: "beta.main.local" port: 2222 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: :3128, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:0, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 14, error message: Connect Failed, and error details:
2019-12-07 02:39:06 Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread cd4]: InitializeConnection: Not possible to establish any connection (Attempts: 1)
2019-12-07 02:39:06 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread cd4]: InitializeFailOverScenario: Failed to establish fail-over scenario
2019-12-07 02:39:06 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread cd4]: CAgentReplicationManager: Replication finished unsuccessfully with message: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "192.168.1.30" port: 2222' failed with: Request: Era.Common.Services.Replication.CheckReplicationConsistencyRequest on connection: host: "192.168.1.30" port: 2222 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: :3128, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:0, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 14, error message:  Connect Failed, and error details: Replication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: beta.main.local:2222, Connection established: false, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: <realmuid>, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 0, Cached static object groups: 0, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]

Apparently the agents were trying to connect.  Seems as if they can't.  Troubleshooting this...

• Most Valued Members

My fault.  Please ignore.

Reasoning why it's failing:  The whole certificate setup was fubar'd thanks to my incompetence in selecting the right certificate.

• ESET Staff

Just to summarize for others:

• In case of device removal, it should be automatically re-created upon next connection. In case of ESMC7+ there might be just "question" for administrator in ESMC console in case there is suspicion that device has different HW.
  • Creating device manually won't resolve this issue. ESMC uses internal identifiers for pairing devices, so even if there are multiple records with the same name, AGENT will be properly paired. In other words, name of device in console is irrelevant when pairing existing installations.
  • In case device is not re-created until midnight (local time of ESMC installation) it might happen that specific data is lost for this device. There are regular cleanups running at that time and data for non-existing devices is purged. This includes mostly event-related records, especially those received from ESET products (detection related logs, firewall logs ...)