File sent to eset

lagunero

Hello, I don't know exactly in english the message, but each time I open an app programmed by myself, eset messages: "The file 'name of the app.exe' has been sent to eset for analysis". I haven't told nod32 nothing about it, even I have excluded the folder in which the app is of any action, so I don't get why it is happening. Could you tell me any way to stop this nonsense? Thank you very much.

• Administrators

Please provide a screen shot of the window with submission exclusions and copy & paste the appropriate record with information about a file submission from the event log.

Thanks, today it's not happening, but anyway here is the required information. I don't know if this is what you want, but is all I could find for the event log:

Fecha y hora;Módulo;Suceso;Usuario
05/12/2019 22:16:28;Kernel de ESET;El archivo '*folder*\*filename*.exe' se ha enviado a ESET para su análisis.;SYSTEM

I guess this is the shot you wanted:

image.thumb.png.a2f8cabdda8a74c5213e2f8e347167b8.png

• Administrators

Unfortunately the screen shot and log record is useless since you have replaced and hid the text we needed to check. However, I have a feeling that you took a screen shot of the exclusion detection window and not the submission exclusion window (Cloud-based protection -> Exclusions). Please explain why you have the folders excluded. What did you want to achieve?

Thank you very much, I know now where I have to exclude the folder, I hid the text just for safety reasons. You can set this issue as solved, cheers.

I have the same issue.

NOD32 started sending my executables frequently to ESET for analysis on 01-12-2019 (according to NOD32 log file). Never had this behaviour before and never had any files or folders excluded from detection or sending to ESET. Has a rule been changed in the system?

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, FraDek said:

I have the same issue.

NOD32 started sending my executables frequently to ESET for analysis on 01-12-2019 (according to NOD32 log file). Never had this behaviour before and never had any files or folders excluded from detection or sending to ESET. Has a rule been changed in the system?

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

I can see in the same log that I am sending anonymous statistic information to Eset. You can see in the next shot that I have disabled that option (I guess is here when I have to disable it):

image.thumb.png.d6ad024c796d469aa91b5bbb5b66c8af.png

I have Nod32 because I don't want virus, I don't want Nod32 unrequiredly getting private information.

image.thumb.png.aec92ca25b1c987b35899af21962590f.png

If this thing continues I'll have to give Eset up, of course.

• Administrators

The first screen shot is unrelated to submissions. You can disable submission of anonymous statistical info or logging under Detection engine -> Cloud-based protection -> Submit anonymous statistics.