"This file has been sent to analyze"

Hey everyone,

When I'm programming on Code::Blocks, ESET displays me a message to tell me that my [name_of_the_program].exe has been sent to ESET, while I'm on Code:Blocks, so I don't understand how I can send it to anlayze.

How can I disable this behavior? Or this feature (I never use it anyway).

Thanks.

• Administrators

You can add the folder with compiled files to submission exclusions under Cloud-based protection -> Submission of samples -> Exclusions. Also you can disable logging of submitted files.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, ESET_Dimitri said:

Hey everyone,

When I'm programming on Code::Blocks, ESET displays me a message to tell me that my [name_of_the_program].exe has been sent to ESET, while I'm on Code:Blocks, so I don't understand how I can send it to anlayze.

How can I disable this behavior? Or this feature (I never use it anyway).

Thanks.

You can also disable sending of files to ESET

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Rami said:

You can also disable sending of files to ESET

Not a good idea. In case the user gets infected with certain new malware we would not be able to react and the malware could remain running and being always detected only in memory then.

If you mind submission of compiled files if they are suspicious for whatever reason, add the folder with the compiled files to the exclusion list as shown below:

image.png

• Most Valued Members

Yes I understand but sometimes you have cases where the files that you do are private to the company that you work with and it's hard to upload them for analyzing , but I understand it's bad for the AI system , same to what happened to Kaspersky and the American gov went crazy about it and blamed them for stealing data , while their AV saw that some files are suspicious and sent it to their AI.

I know it's so important to get files sent by users , because that will make the system stronger and more accurate and faster.

Edited by Rami